LSU's Defensive Line

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Sep 2, 2014.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Nah we've struck out on kids before, Jai Eugene, Al Woods, Shepard. But I don't remember us striking out on 3 of the same position in the same class.

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I'm not so sure about that one. For all the talent recruited, in the last 5-6 years the DL has been very average at best.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Brockers, Logan, Ego were all beasts. And if you wanna count ends, that speaks for itself. We've had talent, we've had remarkable talent, I just don't remember us totally striking out on an entire class at 1 position, and maybe these guys aren't strikeouts, I just think it speaks volumes that a guy who didn't play his senior year in high school comes in on his true freshman first game and gets 20 snaps while guys who were highly rated and have been in the system for over a year get nada.

Either Godchaux is the shiznit, or the other 3 just aren't that good. I hope it's the first one.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

They did when I was in high school. Graduated 03

:/

5. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

I hear what you are saying, and the D-line has been below expectation the past year or so, but the flip is that they have been so talented that they are being lured out before their "college prime" leading to attrition, and thus inexperience. I don't know if I'd say 5-6 years of average at best play, though.

red55 likes this.
  6. J Smoove

J Smoove Veteran Member

They have been waiting almost 3 weeks for the SEC to do their thing.

7. J Smoove

J Smoove Veteran Member

In the dog house!!!!!

LSUDad likes this.
  8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You can't play everybody when you are in a slobberknocker with a motivated Big-10 team. It ain't a good year to fail a drug test or to be a practice slacker. Time for boys to grow up. Call the reverend doctor Mathieu and absorb the gospel of git yore shit together.

9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Lets go back and look at the last 5-6 years drafts( Remember, this is the 10th season of Les)). LSU has had 3 DL taken in the 1st round, 1 in the second, 3 in the 3rd, 1 in the 4th, 1 in the 5th, and 2 in the 7th. That would be 11 players. 3 taken in the first round? Have you looked at what has gone into the Pros the last few years, Pro teams like what they get with the LSU players. Another thing that Pro teams like, #18, that goes into their book on LSU players. That number pulls a little weight on most Pro teams.
    After the 53 man cut, there are 12 Former LSU Tigers on the Pro rosters, a couple more with the hope of getting back on a roster.

red55 likes this.
  10. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

You do know that Al Woods and Russell Shepard both made the 53 man rosters? Woods with Tenn and Shep with Tampa Bay.

red55 likes this.