LSU's Defensive Line

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Sep 2, 2014.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

That could take a while.

LSUDad likes this.
  2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

At many positions, but I wouldn't say that about DL.

3. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Need I remind you, this is what NFL scouts and coaches are saying. So I guess you would know more that these guys? I have one for you. Les drove up to the high school of Bennie Logan, walked in and started talking with the head coach, asked where Bennie was and wanted to talk with him. The coach said that he and some of the other kids were playing basketball in the gym. While walking in, Bennie had just rebounded the ball, he then drove it the length of the court, than slammed it home. Les asked, it that him? Well, that was Bennie. Bennie went on to do well at LSU. Now, he's playing for the Eagles, playing in a 3-4, an started eight games at the nose, but they love the fact that he can play inside or out.
    Same is being said about Ego, only started one year, came out as a Jr and drafted in the second round.
    Freak went undrafted, also leaving after his Jr year, but still made the 53 man roster of the Dolphins.

I could give you more if needed, but like I said, I'll take the word of people I know and trust.

Edit to add: Just got off the phone with an NFL Scout, he agrees with what I said. I could call him back and tell him that we are wrong?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
    TigerTap likes this.
  4. TwistedTiger

Yes. Tell him that LSU's D line has under achieved for all the talent it has had. Tell him that the percentage of high profile recruits that have not lived up to their potential is too high. The talent is there to be drafted, but they need a lot of coaching and development. Been very impressed with Bricks recruiting, haven't been impressed with what he has done with it lately. Hopefully some of these young guys pan out. Godchaux certainly looked good last week.

Are you trying to make my point for me? Freak was a below average SEC DT at LSU after being the #1 DT recruit in the nation. Yet he leaves as a Jr and is talented enough to make an NFL team. Why did he go undrafted? He certainly didn't play like an NFL player at LSU. Why is that?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
    LSUDad likes this.
  5. TwistedTiger

Pay attention son, I never said fire anyone. I said we need improved development on the DL. Also NFL teams draft based on talent, doesn't mean it's developed talent. If you can't keep up with the conversation you might want to step aside and watch. Is that cut to the chase enough for you? And it's Haley not Healy, you should know that since you are so informed.

6. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Nope, you just made my point, like I said for Equal Op.,everyone has the same chance. Ego had the better year, Freak took off, if we had anyone to push him last year, he may have found bench time. Look at Herron, Godchaux moves up why. Brick knows talent, he has done a great job in making it work. He sat few cause they wouldn't. It's been two years since Godchaux has played in a game, some didnt know the play book, he did.

7. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

[QUOTE="TwistedTiger, post: 1403340, member: 3859"
    Are you trying to make my point for me? Freak was a below average SEC DT at LSU after being the #1 DT recruit in the nation. Yet he leaves as a Jr and is talented enough to make an NFL team. Why did he go undrafted? He certainly didn't play like an NFL player at LSU. Why is that?[/QUOTE]
    Once again making my point, high school 5 star players? How many have I seen fail? 2 and 3 star players getting drafted, first round. Some unranked. Inhigh school, you are the best player, in college, you are one of the better, that's it.

8. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

They draft on talent. They don't keep playing these guys every week in the NFL on talent. They play them because they produce. Just because the LSU D-Line doesn't meet your imaginary standards of success, it doesn't mean they're not performing well. NFL team typically do not acquire and keep poorly performing players. That's kind of the measure for success when a pro team pays you money to play for them.

LSUDad likes this.
  9. TwistedTiger

Ahhhhh.... another one that can't read.

10. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Ahhhhhh... Another one that can't comprehend.