LSU's Defensive Line

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Sep 2, 2014.

1. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Once again making my point, high school 5 star players? How many have I seen fail? 2 and 3 star players getting drafted, first round. Some unranked. Inhigh school, you are the best player, in college, you are one of the better, that's it.[/QUOTE]

Does this apply to LF, too? Just asking. He was better this past game, but doesn't look like this "can't miss" player we've been hearing about. Heck, I thought DW looked better, to be honest. Maybe should save this for the LF thread, but wanted to reply to this post.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

All I know is that this D-line in it's current form will not compete well in the SEC. Please dear God improve over the next 2 weeks.

3. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Does this apply to LF, too? Just asking. He was better this past game, but doesn't look like this "can't miss" player we've been hearing about. Heck, I thought DW looked better, to be honest. Maybe should save this for the LF thread, but wanted to reply to this post.[/QUOTE]

It goes both ways, people talk about hype all the time, I like to see a player in person. I tend to not go by paid recruiting scouts. I also like to ask coaches. I also trust Les and his staff.

I watched Hunter play in high school, I knew he would be a very good player. This is something I posted a while back on Hunter:

"I made a few calls to check on this kid. From everyone I talked with, he sounds like the kind of kid LSU needs.

Things that were said, Speed, Quickness, Hard to block, doesn't take plays off. Looks and plays the part. His team was 1-9 last year, but from a coach that I talked with, Hunter was on his game every down."

I remember Todd McClure being the first verbal in his class, I saw him play a number of times. He could have played on both sides of the ball, he was that good.

Both these guys didn't get the high star ratings like some, but you just know if a kid can play football.

A DC I knew in the SEC went to see a kid play, highly rated, had almost NFL size. But he passed on the kid, instead, signing his teammate, ask why? He said the kid he signed made plays, the other one didn't.

To answer your question, it's been two games, little early. LF will get it soon. In high school it was too easy to run over a player, like I said, look for green grass, let the defender come to you.

I also said to keep an eye on Darrel Williams, he too is gonna be a good one.

It's a lot for these young kids to learn, but they have great teachers. Got a long season.

But I said this before, without Cam, Magee would still be a WR, sitting the bench, an you don't see many #18's sitting.

Stars, hype, potential, etc, let them play a few games. At times it would be great to wait until a player leaves LSU to rank his stars.

ParadiseiNC, cajdav1 and Bengal B like this.
  4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

He isn't a D lineman but the Tongan kid from Texas who has the brother that is a 5 star commit, I think i butcher his name, Teohuma or Teohoma, or whatever. That dude is explosive, big, and fast. I'd like to see him worked in more.

ParadiseiNC and LSUDad like this.
  5. islstl

He will definitely see the field more after Saturday's performance. He has earned it.

Teuhema, btw.

LSUDad likes this.
  6. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Those ~50yds rushing we surrendered Saturday night giving you chest pains??

7. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Are you talking about Sione Teuhema? If so he is a DE and played well against Sam Houston.

LSUDad likes this.
  8. islstl

We will have to wait and see against Mississippi State. We failed miserably against Wisconsin. We made strides against a horrible opponent Saturday. Hopefully we will be ready to compete against MSU in 2 weeks (speaking strictly of the D-line).

9. islstl

I'd have to go back and look at the game footage, but I could have sworn he was standing up.

10. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

In the first half, and for one drive in the second. Blessing in disguise, anyway, especially considering that we came out with the win. But it's a young group; it isn't reasonable to expect them to dominate right off the bat.
    Which is exactly what you hope to see.

cajdav1 likes this.