LSU's Defensive Line

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Sep 2, 2014.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Did they move Hunter to DT?

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

No

I'm not sold on the fact that the talent hasn't been there. DL recruiting has been pretty damn good. I'm also not sure why that talent hasn't developed. I think there are several reasons why it may not have developed, but unclear which reason or combination of reasons are the cause. As far as LB goes, recruiting there has improved tremendously IMO. Still waiting for that recruiting success to pay dividends too.

3. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Don't know the names but the left side of the front seven has looked weak. Outside and LLB. More than physically suspect, just don't seem to have good football sense on the few plays I have watched.

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Screenshot_2014-09-11-20-33-16.png

Randy Rosetta says yes

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Reign in Blood

6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Hmmmm, not sure who in the past couple of years you think are as talented as the guys I noted. I'm of the opinion that we've had some good players the past 2 or 3 years but none as good a those guys.

And I have to say I really don't believe that coaches make too many great players. They trend to make great units. I might be totally off base with that though.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

You know if you think about it, it's not like the guys we took were slouches, Freak and Timmy Jernigan were the 2 highest rated DT's in that class. Neither really lived up to the hype, Jernigan benefitted from playing in the ACC. Ego was drafted pretty high for a junior, as were Logan and Brockers was a 3rd year Sophomore when he came out. They were all talented.

8. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Just for some pass rushing packages not an every down thing. Lined up there a couple times against Sam Houston.

LSUDad likes this.