LSU's Mount Rushmore

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by kcal, May 3, 2006.

1. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

The qualification on Mike & Mike was that it was to be the most recognizable athletes on Mount Sportsmore. Therefore, in terms of LSU, you would have to put Shaq up there because he is the one person that everyone would recognize.

2. col reb

col reb Founding Member

You wouldn't be an English major, would you?:yelwink2:

3. TigerSac

TigerSac Founding Member

Pistol Pete stands ATOP of this mountain mainly because there has never been anyone come close to his NCAA scoring record even without 3 pointers back then or freshman eligibility not counting. So he did it in 3 years!!

If you want to name someone that was an all-american and a prolific NFL career then I would give the edge to YA Title over Cannon, but its hard to choose that because of Cannon's NC and Heisman.

Skip. No brainer!!

Pat Henry

4. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Unbelievable. I've thought and thought about this as I read through three pages of posts. For the life me, I can't figure out why I should care who's on the Top 4 list.

But if I did care, it would be: Bertman, Warren Morris, Saban, and Lionel Turner.

Those four left an indelible print on my mind as an LSU alum and fan.

5. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

the original question was SPORTS not "team sports" or "major sports". Just sports. So the mountain for all sports would have to include Muhammad Ali.

As far as LSU's Mt Rushmore: Skip, Cannon, Maravich, & something to symbolize the greatest fan base the planet has ever seen.

6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Rocky Marciano belongs before Ali.

7. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

I agree, but I beleive Ali is one of the most recognizable sports figures in the world. A statue of Marciano would leave most people asking: "Who's that?"

8. col reb

col reb Founding Member

]
    As far as LSU's Mt Rushmore: Skip, Cannon, Maravich, & something to symbolize the greatest fan base the planet has ever seen.[/QUOTE]

THERE ARE LAWS AGAINST ANAL PHOTOGRAPHY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SORRY---I JUST COULDN'T RESIST IT. YA'LL ARE GREAT.

9. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

THERE ARE LAWS AGAINST ANAL PHOTOGRAPHY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SORRY---I JUST COULDN'T RESIST IT. YA'LL ARE GREAT.[/quote]

Ahhhh..... the jealousy of fans from inferior programs. Football season is getting closer.