LSU's New Coach is on TV right now

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Dec 29, 2004.

1. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Ball boy took one hell of a hit.

2. Tigerskin

Tigerskin Founding Member

How about a little edit on the thread starter. As Lee Corso would say, not so fast my friend.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

lol they look good so far, cmon. only down 10-0 5 minutes in.

just like Nick's defenses?

we can always offer tressel at halftime if we want.

4. Tigerskin

Tigerskin Founding Member

Obviously there are mixed signals out there but I have heard much more that it will be Petrino's job if he wants it than Miles. Yes that rumor out about Miles accepting the job after the bowl game has been put out there, but I don't buy it yet. Will see soon enough I guess. Del Rio still seems like pie in the sky but more credible info coming in that he will interview. Is he using us for leverage, I don't know. I guess it will get more play if his team loses next week. Aren't they playing for a playoff spot? I don't know, tirk tell us. Nutt was contacted but not offered. Since he didn't get an offer he pulled his name out of the hat. I like the sound of a Petrino-Muschamp combo-----with a big buyout clause.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

yeah they are but they were shutout at home last week against the Texans and DD which all but killed their hopes. they have an outside shot only.

they had about 25K no-shows in jax which really got the ire of del rio plus he would make more money here if he came. who woulda thunk it.

nutt was never anything more than a sexton ploy as tubby. Saban seemed to be in on it to if its true he recommended him. no more sexton clients please or I aint buying it.

6. max

max Founding Member

Joe LSU Fan: It would be great if we could get [insert coach's name].

New Report: LSU interviews [insert coach's name].

Joe LSU Fan: Uh, I'm kind of not into [insert coach's name]anymore. I've read too many negative things too many red flags.

7. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Anyone else noticed that Corso and Herbstreet havent mentioned Miles and LSU... only Miles will eventually coach for Michigan after Carr is gone...

8. ReaganEden

ReaganEden Founding Member

Yeah, and those two are the absolute GURUS of college football.

9. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Yes, I admit I don't want him at all. What's the big deal about this guy? So, he's done decently at OSU in his time there.

Great, good for him. Doesn't mean LSU should be interested, though.

Okay, now that I've watched nearly a quarter, I'll add to my analysis by saying it seems totally asinine for the coach of one of the best running teams in the nation (and the 111th ranked passing team in the nation) to be chucking it downfield like some Arena football team with a QB who touts a Marcus Randall-esque 135 yds per game (or, to put it into perspective, ten yards *less* than Vernand Morency runs for each week).

And for a guy who's supposedly a defensive guru, an Ohio St. team not exactly know for offensive excellence is moving the ball pretty well with a nearly-incapacitated 2nd string QB (who, after 1 qtr, has completed 71% of his passes) and their WR/emergency QB Ted Ginn who's thrown exactly zero passes for the season before tonight.

That better?

10. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Ohio State player with major of Educational Exploration ... someone please explain this unheard of major.:confused: :confused: