LSU's new offensive coordinator will be...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BMoney, Jan 5, 2005.

1. sstig

sstig Freshman

Jimbeaux stays at LSU per another board/radio station. This will be great if true.

2. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

:shock: Oh-O! The "Battle of the Boards"! Which one will prove to be true?!?!?

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I think it is time for a change at OC. As much as I like Jimbo I would like to see what someone else could do with the talent we have had on the offensive side of the ball. Except for Davey's last year IMO the offense has underachieved under Jimbo. JMHO.

4. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Actually that was before Stoops. SOS got killed by Nebraska. That is when he went out and got Stoops. Then he won a MNC.

5. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

This is a ridiculous statement. Trust me when I say that DiNardo was ANYTHING but hands off.

6. BigJ31

BigJ31 Founding Member

Hell no DiNardo was not hands off, he was too paranoid for that sort of thing.

7. conradj

conradj Founding Member

Wait .... Isnt Miles gonna be the OC? I think he is looking for a QB coach. I think he wants to call the plays

8. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Heck Dinardo was such a control freak that he completely took over the defense from Carl Reese after the loss to Ole Miss. That is why Reese left. After Case left then Reese left, the team defense was never the same.

9. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Gerry DiNardo hired such collegiate football up-and-comers as Charlie Coiner has the Recruiting Coordinator...Who cut his teeth as a...GA at Weber State?

Joe Cullen was our defensive line coach...From the outstanding cradle of coaches at Richmond, out of the powerhouse Atlantic 10 conference!

10. FriedBoudinBall

FriedBoudinBall Founding Member

I think Saban has kept Jimbo under his arm the last few years due to w/ questionable QB play. Yes Mauck was great at not losing, but he wasn't nearly as good as Rohan in the passing game. W/ Davey Jimbo could pretty much do what he wanted but all that changed the last few years.

Since Miles is an offensive guy, i imagine Jimbo would be a lot better. However, Crowton wouldn't be bad as long as he remembers to keep it balanced.

Bobby Ray Tell (out of Haynesville) wasn't too busy in the backfield at Tech, so he'd just have to keep Alley, Justin and Joseph busy.