LSU's new offensive coordinator will be...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BMoney, Jan 5, 2005.

1. conradj

conradj Founding Member

Bobby Ray Tell was the best HS running back I ever saw in person. Man was he good.

2. jwb0581

jwb0581 Founding Member

What does the "M" stand for in "MNC"?

3. BMoney

BMoney Founding Member

No, Reese "left" because he was the coach involved in the Kevin Faulk/Greg Hill phone card scandal.

4. raylsu

raylsu Founding Member

Mythical

5. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

No lie, but I saw where coaching circles have mentioned him being contacted by Southeastern Louisiana University...and this is straightfoward...

6. philter

philter Founding Member

Miles is likely to be the OC isn't he?

Rumors on all the boards (summed up here) is that he'll hire a QB/Passing coord. from these three:

Fisher (interviewed twice)
    Crowton (interviewed twice)
    Stokley

Who knows, but he'll probably name his staff in the next couple of days so they can have some solidity and momentum going into the dead period.

7. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I assume you mean Nelson Stokley? I met coach Stokley for the first time back in '95 when I was on a visit to Louisiana-Lafayette (USL then of course) and was shown around by assistant coach Gerald Broussard. Met Stokley for a few minutes--very polite and came off, at least to me, as someone easily approachable (which is more than what I can say for his son). I was more impressed with Orlando Thomas--who was just a beast-of-a-player.

....anyway--back on subject: Coach Stokley, while going down with a sinking ship in his last few years as head coach at USL (once Delhomme, Thomas and Brandon were gone), he at least had a knack for developing some talented QB's--sure, namely Jake, but he took Jake, who was recruited by everyone else to play safety, and turned him into a QB that had broken Hodson's Louisiana collegiate passing yards record (later broken by Tim Rattay), and since then, Jake is a well-known player in the NFL.

Having been a QB here at LSU, I'm sure Coach Nelson would do fine developing our QB's. Like Crowton, he's at his best when he's NOT a head coach.

8. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Tech's defense was worse and they spent the vast majority of their time playing from behind. Of course that's only part of the reason. Crowton seemed to be able to get his hands on good pass blockers and receivers as well, so you gotta play to your strengths.

9. BMoney

BMoney Founding Member

I saw that as well. But logically, an assitant coach position here at LSU will pay more than the head coaching gig at SLU, and be a springboard to bigger things.