LSU's New Special Teams Coach

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDad, Mar 9, 2011.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

As bhelm said, this guy was not the Giants special teams coach. He probably should have been, based on their performance.

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

That was one crazy play. The special teams coach called to kick the ball out of bounds too.

If that play didn't happen then the Packers wouldn't of made the playoffs.

3. *LSUTiger*

*LSUTiger* LSU/CLEMSON

GO PACK GO!!!!!!!!!!!

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

He was an assistant to the assistant coach and looks like an unknown commodity. He was probably hired for his recruiting ability as much as anything. I doubt you can assume much about his ability to coach special team based on the Giants special teams play since he wasn't even the main man. He obviously has some experience coaching special teams and has strong ties to the Houston area. Miles obviously thinks he can handle the job, the rest of us will just have to wait and see.

5. kluke

kluke Founding Member

And everyone else picks the apart the pickers. Its a process.

6. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: :hihi:

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

geez no one is slamming the dude, he was the assistant coach for the Giants special teams, and when I think of Giants special teams that's what I thought of. Doesn't mean the dude is a terrible coach, doesn't even mean it was his fault. I like the fact that guy has Houston ties, that's huge for us. I also like the fact that he has coached on the pro level. But you cannot deny, if you watched the Giants special teams last season, they sucked. Their coverage was horrible, and regardless of that punt, the kickers actually were pretty good, but they couldn't cover.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

If it was a Saban hire everyone would say "Wow. He must be awesome". It's a Miles hire so you said:

Speak for yourself. If Miles thinks he can handle the job, that's good enough for me.

9. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

What an idiot and typical Sabanfan response. I have no problem with the hire. You're so used to attacking everyone like a rabid dog that you even attack those that aren't saying anything negative and my response was in no way negative. You need to double up on the medication.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I was responding to BHelm. Unlax, Elmer.