LSU's opponents' schedules and results/records

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Ellis Hugh, Sep 30, 2002.

1. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Nothing personal guys, I put "W"s in EVERY week for LSU until it is proven otherwise.;)

2. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I may be a young guy....

but I consider myself "old school" when it comes to football. One of my favorite games to watch again are some of the defensive battles we had in the late 70's and early 80's. I couldn't tell you how many Bama games I have on tape but I can tell you the ones that are the most watched are the games where the D dominates.

Here's my point. LSU and Bama are ranked 1 and 2 respectfully. This will be a game of defense...and I can't wait to see it!!! However, I'll have to say (based on what I've seen from LSU this year) we will be able to run the ball on you guys. The question is...can you do the same?

I'm looking forward to this one! I miss paying taxes down in the Bayou...although I've only missed it since 2000.

It's a crazy series...your's and ours. You get wins in Alabama, but seldom do on your home turf. I'd dare say that you can't find a more perplexing inter-divisional series than ours.

MSU is next...but I'll be back come Sunday.

Good luck Ellis and to your Tigers. I think you'll need a lot of it. ;)

3. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

Strange what a difference a year can make. Last season, I would have swore our defence was in wheel chairs as you played catch all day long on us. This season we are ranked #2 in the nation just behind LSU. These rankings could swap this week as we play a not so good MSU and LSU plays a highly offensive UK. After the spanking we got last season, we are anxiously awaiting Nov. 16. Good luck against the Wildcats.

4. Skrayper

Skrayper Founding Member

Re: I may be a young guy....

Considering we're averaging more rushing yards per game than LSU, and faced some pretty good rushing d's in the process... yah, I think we'll be able to run the ball.
    LSU won't be able to run it unless they can pass it, though. Unless Randall can shore up, I'm not certain they can do that.

5. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Updated through November 23.