LSU's Playmakers on Offense

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TC, Oct 16, 2007.

1. TC

TC Le Big Mac

The only ones I'm willing to call playmakers at this point are all running backs.

That won't cut it.

At least one QB and one WR must step up on Saturday night! :geauxtige

2. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

nah. mf and rp are playmakers with their feet. holliday is a playmaker and im not sure you call him a rb. lafell, tolliver and byrd are playmakers since they so often beat their defender by 3 steps.

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

You're entitled to call whomever you want "Playmakers" but our receivers have 9 TD's and close to 1500 yards so I wouldn't exclude them cause to do so, you wouldn't be able to call our team, "Victorious". :)

1 person likes this.
  4. khounba

khounba Founding Member

Yeah, it's funny how LSU has been called the most talented team in the country for a few years, we lose one triple overtime game on the road, and then all of a sudden we become one dimensional. And to think I was starting to buy into the bad coaching BS, I guess it's lack of talent after all.

5. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i agree, it depends how you define "playmakers", but by the way i define it an O can be good but not have playmakers. a playmaker must do things beyond the expected. catching a 15yd pass while open and getting tackled is expected. catching a 15 yd pass while open and breaking/eluding a tackle(s) is a play. catching a pass while covered is a play. i think this team has more playmakers than last year.

1 person likes this.
  6. TC

TC Le Big Mac

Didn't say lack of talent. Said lack of playmakers. Meaning players who make plays, not players who have the potential to make plays.

LSU's passing offense is 88th in the nation.

LSU does not have a receiver in the top 100 in the nation in any category. Except drops.

7. khounba

khounba Founding Member

Let's just hope Early gets back in the mix this week. That should open it up for some playmakers and take the pressure off the other guys. When you lose your #1 receiver for almost half a season, you are going to suffer a little. What do those numbers look like with Early in the lineup?