LSU's QB issues...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by USNavyTiger, Jun 12, 2005.

1. USNavyTiger

USNavyTiger Founding Member

JR has showed time and time again, that he is a CLUTCH quarterback.

Even as a FREAKING FRESHMAN he guided the tigers to many last minute wins. (and one that we thought was a win)

this guy was THE cardiac kid last year.

But as much as I liked him taking over and winning at the last second, I'd much rather him lead this team to victory with a Margin of victory by at least 30 pts. average... :thumb:

2. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

Just Venting. lol I loved Saban, but he handled that sooo wrong. But, can't complain about a guy with a ring.:thumb:

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Hindsight is always 20/20.

4. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

"Even your comments suggest that he was smart enough to take what the defense gave him instead of forcing the ball or taking unecessary risks".

Yes, I never meant to insinuate otherwise. He was poised, collected, and his two TD passes were right on the money. He was on a roll. He knew what he had to do given the defense he was facing. I was just suggesting that the score and the defense was dictating play.

Let's face it, if LSU was going into this season with a consistent, proven QB... one with few, if any, questions... you'd be ranked #2 in most every poll... but that door is still ajar in the minds of many.

5. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

agreed...and as i said you cant argue with this.:crystal: ...having said that...I as well as many others were questioning that as it happened..so therefore it wasnt really hindsight..

6. clair

clair Rockets

We forgetting here that in the Cap One game, Russell was moved down to 3rd string...

I think this served as an extra 'wake up call' and he was fueled to dominate, and he did!

Anxious to see him play this season.

As far as the whole 'ego' thing goes...

RP has told everyone that he is satisfied with mop-up duty etc as a freshman...

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I seriously doubt that. You may have questioned it after JR's initial series, but when he came in, you, me and everyone else were anxious/curious to see what JR could do. Remember: At the time, everyone wanted JR and no one wanted Randall.

8. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

Wrong, I supported Randall all year. I did question why he would change at that time. I think a lot of peole did. I dont think "everyone" wanted JR and no one wanted Randall.

9. bubbafong

bubbafong Founding Member

Me too. I was one of the few on here not calling for Randall's head, and I took a lot of crap on here from a lot of people for it. Not that I care...that's what this board is for. Randall played well at times, and was more athletic than Russell. Russell looked great at times, but when any pressure got to him it was just bad. The problem at QB last year wasn't that either one was bad all the time, it was that both were inconsistent all year. I'm very hopeful that Russell will play more consistently and under control this year, but I'm not sold on that after the end of the bowl game. He looked great then, but he looked great at other times too last year, only to come out again and not play so well.

But a blanket statement about no one supporting Randall last year is wrong, b/c I supported him all year whenever he was in. Likewise, when Russell played I supported him too.

And please guys, no matter which of the 3 QB's play this year, and no matter how well they play, PLEASE NO BOOING!!!!

10. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

I've learned that its inevitable that some people will boo. Which is wrong in college sports. Not everyone will, but I call those who boo your own player when he's playing bad classless. This is NOT everyone jus those. I also think a statement saying that everyone wanted JR over MR is wrong.