LSU's QB issues...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by USNavyTiger, Jun 12, 2005.

1. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Weak arguments at best. JR was feeling it and its something you notice when a qb is 'in the zone' regardless the defense.

wow, now this is fun... never said he wasn't in a zone, as a matter of fact I think I said he was "on a roll"... is that different somehow? A poster had made a comment, something about JR proving his abilities based on that 12 minute span... and I thought the defense we were in made his reads a tad easier and may not be something Miles will use to base a decision on this year. We played a deep zone... we do it ALL the time... and good QB's take advantage. He is a good QB.... so he did. (geez)

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

no what's weak is making excuses for your defense and saying most all your games were well in hand.

3. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

"hawker is losing a little cred here. Prevent defense when LSU went ahead over only linebackers?"

If you didn't notice the deep zone and the linebackers well off the line after we went up 24-12, then, quite frankly, I can't help you.

And no excuses are needed for the way we played or the way you played... it was a tough, tough game on both sides of the ball. If you think I'm into excuses by simply pointing out what we did on defense, then, again, I can't help you.

And if "losing credibility" (as you posted) occurs when I don't agree with something you post or you don't agree with me, then I can't help you there, either.

4. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Show me these "most" games

5. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Okey Dokey, Ossifer!!

Iowa 17, Iowa State 10: We were up 17-3, they scored once in the second half, but actually never really challenged.

Iowa-Illinois... a game you mentioned... 7-7 at half, we put 16 points on 'em in the 3rd Qtr and it was over... not even sure why you brought that game up. It was over 8 minutes into the 3rd. We were up 23-7 and Illinois put up a TD with 48 seconds left to make it a 23-13 final.

Iowa 29, Minn 27... this one they did make close at the very end, but we were up 29-20 with 5 minutes to play. I just love our soft zone.

Iowa 23, Purdue 21... we were up 23-14... Purdue scored with 25 seconds on the clock to make it 23-21.

Penn State was a tough game... windy, rainy day. Penn State was absolutely horrible on offense... we weren't much better. We were up 6-2 and gave a safety when backed up on our own goal line, knowing we'd kick with the wind and they would have to move into the wind to score. They had nothing to show us that even threatened that they could score.

So, my point being, in none of these games did we have to come from behind. In every one of these games (PSU excluded) we had comfortable leads and scores were made against those leads. Therefore, my statement that the 28 points against 7 foes (actually wonder who all these 7 foes are as the list above was our close games, except LSU) is somewhat misleading. I stand by that.

I'm sure you'll find something wrong with this, too... so fire away.

6. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

and yes Minnesota had a chance to win it with a 51 yard FG in the closing seconds... problem is, the kid wasn't any good at distances like that. Could it have happened, sure... probability, zip.

7. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Do I get my rep points back??

And I'm sorry if ever inferred JR didn't have one hell of a spurt at the end. I thought our 29-0 (at the time) streak of wins when we led after 3 qtrs was over...