LSU's ROAD TO # 1

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ramah, Sep 21, 2003.

1. ramah

ramah Founding Member

#1 OU loses to Texas on 10/11/2003 ... pull for the horns ... looks like clear sailing for OU after that.
    #2 Miami loses to either #6 FSU, #5 VT, #8 TN, or Pitt
    #3 USC loses to ASU, ND, Wash, or Wash St
    #4 Ohio State loses to Wisc, Iowa, Mich
    #5 VT loses to Miami
    #6 FSU loses to Miami on 10/11

LSU could be #3 as early as 10/12/2003

WE RUN THE TABLE, WE GET A SHOT AT THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP ... UNLESS OU & USC GO UNDEFEATED

MIAMI is going to lose 1
    OSU is surely going to lose 1
    VT should lose to Miami
    FSU should lose to Miami

LONG ROAD AHEAD ... ONE WEEK AND ONE WIN AT A TIME

THIS IS THE YEAR

2. StarscreamLSU

StarscreamLSU Founding Member

Don't get to looking too far down the road.

One game at a time.

3. Ryan

Ryan Founding Member

If that's USC's toughest games...then they have no prayer of overtaking us in the BCS if we geaux undefeated. Strength of schedule would be on our side and we'd get the additional points from the SEC Championship game.

4. RockyMtTiger

RockyMtTiger Founding Member

I don't think Oklahoma will lose, unless Oklahoma State sneaks up on them again (they've won the last two). There's a good chance Ohio State will get beaten by Michigan, if not sooner. Miami will probably lose at either Blacksburg or Tallahassee. They're a notch below where they've been the past few years. I doubt that VA tech can go undefeated. Same for FSU. USC has a few tough road games, including this week at Cal, but the Trojans are clearly better than anyone on their schedule. An OU-USC match-up in the Sugar Bowl is a pretty fair bet at the moment. But strange things can happen, and it's not impossible that things could work out in LSU's favor. At least we can fantasize a little. :D

5. SovietGator

SovietGator Founding Member

It'll come down to these 4 teams,

Oklahoma
    LSU
    USC
    FSU

How it shakes out (Sagarin Rankings) from there I don't know. All those teams will finish undefeated and throw a HUGE monkey wrench into the BCS. Watch and see...;)

6. TundraTiger

TundraTiger Founding Member

Realistically...

Tigers are in a superconference, if we win our SEC Championship and we are undefeated, our strength of schedule will get stronger than USCs, and maybe even Miamis. If all OU, USC, Miami, LSU, and even Iowa (if you guys saw them play their D is pretty damn aggressive) go undefeated, the BCS almost has to take OU and LSU to the Sugerbowl. The only way to stop it is for the polls to be seriously flawed (keeping LSU and OU in 5th or 6th), which can't happen. Maybe that will get the lead out of the guy's arses in the other conferences and Super-up them up. Hell, even the MAC does it with 13. We should take the MAC and kick the Little East out? I hope they don't do a playoff, because the way it is now every week feels like a playoff game. Plus it keeps our Conference Championship that much more important. It doesn't make any sense to have a team with 2 or even 3 losses winning a national championship in a 11 week season, when three other teams only have 1 loss? Just ranting- sorry.

7. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I agree lets not get ahead of ourselves here. Of course we are fans not players so it really does not matter. So neverming that. Lets dream a little.

Fact is the SEC is without question (Again) the toughest conference. Look at Florida (I dont care if they lost to Miami and Tenn) UGA, Tennessee and now Arkansas.
    Fact is if LSU just goes undefeated we should be #1. OU they dont play anyone except Texas and they lost to the Pigs. Kansas St got beat by Marshal for the love of Pete. The Big 12 is squat.

I just think due to the fact the SEC has so many very very good teams it will be next to impossible for any of us to make it out alive with no loss...

Look 3 top ten teams at in the SEC

8. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

Exactly. Just take it 1 at a time. It really felt good to win everything we did last year but it does sting with that 1 loss to UF (Soviet, shut up. :D :D :D :D )