LSV v. Arkansas (Bball)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TGer'nLHornLand, Jan 12, 2011.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Right now every win we can get, hook or crook, I'm pleased with. 2-0 in the SEC.

10-7, one more win and we match our win total a season ago. If we can improve on that kudos to Trent Johnson.

Disappointed that we let Arkansas back into it, but pretty impressed we were so far up on them in the first place. Looks like we're still not confident in our ability to win games, kinda play tight with a lead.

2. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Confidence will come with W's. Right now it's just nice to see Trent moving them in the right direction.

3. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

2-0 in the SEC, amirite? We may not be as bad as previously thought ... at least when playing the similarly flawed schools in the SEC.

4. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Looks like the change in defensive strategy is paying off. I like it.

5. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

I guess I'd acknowledge that the SEC may be "down" this year (esp in the eyes of outsiders), but I'd caution you before you assume that wins against these teams should be downplayed.

Case in point, Auburn beat Florida State the game before played them. Florida State beat previously unbeaten Duke last night.

As the college game has seen more parity in recent years, I think we should be happy with almost every win. We also see that the SEC West is a grabbag and you never know who's going to end up on top. But, Arkansas is actually a pretty talented team (and they're going to sign a top class this year). So, expect the SEC to be better next year (the SEC this year "out recruited" most other conferences) and years beyond, assuming kids stay in school and they get good coaching.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Those last 2 he chucked up there weren't bricks...they were cinderblocks.

7. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

the improvement seems to be all because of the zone. oppt fg % and rebounding.

could really get better quick when turner gets back bc no one hit 3s.