Lucky clothes, and superstitions

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TexasTigers, Nov 6, 2002.

1. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

Has your wife ever sighted any UFO's? Just kidding. Yes the new wife is a lawyer from Chicago and <gag, spit, choke> a Notre Damn fan. She is a grad of The University of Chicago but her whole family cheers for the Irish. I could puke. They dragged me off to the Notre Damn vs Stanford game this year and I didn't wear my lucky Bama shirt and Georgia got a slim win that Saturday. I had a tiderinsider tshirt that I wore during our 3-8 season. I decided that shirt would be a great car wash rag. I don't even subscribe to TI anymore.

BTW, to the moderators here. Great job with a great site. Good luck to the Tigers this week and next week we will all throw down the gauntlets. I hope some of our better posters from tidefans visit here and we all have a good time.

2. TIGERNMS

TIGERNMS Founding Member

I too have caused LSU to lose, but

have learned: if we play at home at night not on tv, the white jersey w/ gold baseball cap. but if on tv, purple jersey w/white 2000 baseball champion hat. Now if away games, I must wear polo shirt with purple hat. I haven't tried to wear any combination w/khaki sec champion hat but will give it a try as we need something to get rid of the jefferson pilot voodoo.

As far as flags go, I buy one a year, except this year as my current gold flag has a SEC championship under it's belt(not about to retire dispite the wind tears). I have created a "wall of fame" (inside my garage) for old flags and license plates in case I need to call upon their gris gris.

The wife likes it and actually helps in the wardrobe and placement of the plywood Replica helmet her mother made for me (now 3 seasons old)! I think I'll keep her.
    [​IMG]

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I am responsible for the Auburn loss. I always wear my LSU class ring during games, and always with the "LSU" on the stone reading top-to-bottom. To my dismay, in the 4th quarter, I discovered that I had the ring on upside down.

I fixed it in time to enable the late touchdown. I now have a new pre-game ritual. Check the friggin' ring before kickoff!

4. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Purple....

I wear a purple T shirt when watching at home. I also have a tiger on my fire place mantel. I just have to his the paw and here the fight song before kick off. It is almost orgasmic.( Is orgasmic a word?)

5. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

This is hilarious..

I really though I was the only person with such superstitions.

I even make sure I eat certain foods, and if I am not at the game, I have a certain spot on the couch that is mine. No on is allowed to sit there, I rarely sit it in. Usually I pace back and forth, and sit for commercials.

I got the old flag back up, Red55 make sure your Ring is in order..

It just seems we all had bad Gris Gris going on for Auburn. The good news is we found the problem and it is an easy fix ;)

BayouTider - Notre Dame huh ? Actually I went up there for the LSU/Notre Dame game and we had a blast up there (Even though we lost because Booty dropped a TD to win).

Just make sure you does not say, You Guys, Wicked, or sing the 588-2300 Empire Carpet Song (If she is from Chicago she will know exactly what I am talking about)

6. CoopdeTiger

CoopdeTiger Freshman

I've worn a purple LSU baseball shirt , shorts, beads(purple &
    gold ) addias shoes and black LSU hat ,but my wife who is
    from Chicago and does not understand superstitions had my shorts in my sons room instead of in my closet the day of the
    South Carolina game and I Didn't locate them until the 2nd half
    So iput them on and we all know how that turned out...
    So Auburn week she still had my attire in the dirty clothes.....
    and I washed them but not in time ........
    Plus My wife was in Gainesville the week before we played
    VA Tech & The day of the USC game (Week before Auburn) We have a son who attends UF So she can't go to G-ville the week before any LSU Football game ^^^^^^^^^^^
    ^

7. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

I've been wearing the same underwear since the beginning of the season and I refuse to change them!

8. TexasTigers

Ellis - I am speechless.

9. chuck

chuck Founding Member

I sooooooooo ..

could of done with out that.

I wear the same Auburn Nike shirt. I realized that it was good luck this year after I was wearing a T-shirt for the first half of the Syracuse game and changed into the golf shirt at halftime.

Then, for some stupid reason, I didn't wear it for the Arkansas game.

10. TexasTigers

As you can see Chuck, it was not the Auburn football team that beat LSU..

It was our failure to properly prepare for the game by wearing the right clothes, and I hung a new flag in front of my house. Which cost us the game.

Wont happen again.

;)