Magazine: LSU tops in survey

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by dallastigers, Apr 8, 2003.

1. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

This is not really sports. Although it can be used in recruiting I guess.

Advocate

2. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

LSU has spawned Raisin' Canes and Serrano's just to name a couple more popular buisinesses. I like the fact that in Baton Rouge we have several great resturants that aren't chains. Back in Shreveport the selection of homegrown resturants is thin.

3. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

Hopefully this can be used as a tool to attract additional venture capital to the area. If attractive deals are available, the money should follow. It takes time, but this ranking is a positive step in this process.

4. SeN-SaTioN

SeN-SaTioN Founding Member

Is this how our LSU Entrepreneurial Program ranked in the nation, or is this the ranking for the entrepreneurial market in the LSU area?

We're talking about the program right?

5. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

Yes, the LSU program was the thing ranked. That said, if LSU's entrepreneurial program is graduating entrepreneurs looking for capital, I'd hope this ranking would help indicate that there are attractive deals proposed by talented entrepreneurs waiting for funding in south Louisiana. In other words, the program may spur the market. Just as Stanford and Cal-Berkeley help the Bay Area market and MIT and Harvard help the Boston area market, so should LSU's entrepreneurial program help the market of south Louisiana.

6. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

On the same note LSU's center for Internal Audit is the best in the world. 13 of the last 15 overall higest scores on the CIA exam have been LSUCIA students