Major Commitment!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by J2K, Jan 3, 2003.

1. J2K

J2K Founding Member

Barrington Edwards, one of, if not the best running back in the nation just committed to LSU! This is huge. Check http://www.dandydon.com

2. burlesontiger

burlesontiger Founding Member

If this is true.............................

the Tigers will continue to be stacked at RB for quite some time!!!

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Actually if you include Vincent (Which Rival is)

With this commitment, according to Rivals

LSU has the #1, #4, and #10 RBs in the nation.

4. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

To me, it sounds like

Edwards, Vincent, and A. Broussard are EXTREMELY highly touted and all have decent size for a RB. I'm assuming they are rated so high that all would be unlikely to move to LB. Are we going to be alright at LB, both next year and two years from now? Can we pencil Turner and Vaughn in as starters? Ledoux? Who else will compete in the 2 deep?

Sorry to get off the subject but I felt fine about RB before this commitment. LB has me a little worried. This is definitely good news though.

5. Hub

Hub Founding Member

go to www.tigerrag.com you can look at recruits by position, etc and don't have to pay. they've got video on some....a few lsu prospects. got some LBs that look pretty good that lsu is after. While your there take a look at the Simms kid he is the #1 rated LB and RB in the country he is not considering lsu but they have a video of him playing RB that is worth seeing....

6. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

While this is good news, maybe it's not what we need. I mean, we're not exactly hurting at running back. There may be other positions (linebacker?) where we have greater needs. You only have so many scholarships. We need to use them wisely.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It's smart to stockpile talent at QB and RB. The most talented high school players are often at these key positions. We have to have top players at these positions. Players get hurt, flunk out, transfer, go to jail (remember Cecil Collins), and can leave you thin.

If a logjam develops, these talented players can often move to wide receiver or defensive back, sometimes even linebacker.

8. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

You can never have too many talented players. You never know when someone will be a problem person or an injury problem. It never hurts to be deep at a position like RB or QB. But I agree that linebacker is a position that is critical for LSU right now.