Majority of Americans still believe in Global Warming...

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Jun 10, 2010.

1. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

:lol: already thought of that. It's because he's a stone cold backer. At least that's what I'm going with cause nothing else came to mind.

Edit: it made sense at the time.

1 person likes this.
  2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Nice:thumb:

3. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

I believe in global warming because it exists. But for global warming, none of the various ice ages that have been experienced by our planet would have ended. What I don't believe in is "man-made" global warming. Have you seen the data on that theory? :grin:

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Indeed I have. You should look yourself.

5. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Damn!...I always miss out when they conduct these polls. :grin:

Global climate change exists?...YES

Global climate change exists because of man...especially those in the United States...especially during the eight years George Bush was President?...BULL$H!T

It's hard to believe people actually believe Al Gore and all of his science fiction.

Even so...it's their right to believe it. I just wish the "believers" would stop being hypocrites. Sell your car, sell your house, live in a tent, and never use energy again!

If you can't do this, then stop telling me about my carbon footprint.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

one fact that is almost never acknowledged is that it is literally impossible to know if the earth would have warmed the same amount or more if man wasnt here.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

you have a point, but why continue down the path we are on if it is possible that we could be part of the earth warming? I haven't heard one person with any scientific credibility come out and say there is absolutely no way in hell, we contribute anything to climate change.

Why not try to change, why not try to find alternative fuels? What's it going to hurt?

8. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

What difference does it make? The only reason politicians go to the trouble of being in denial one way or the other is because either way their clueless.

Puts me in mind of the Titanic. Sure, she's taking in a little water, but the band played on.

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

because warming isnt necessarily bad or preventable and the solutions we have might make things worse. and if the pretense is that we care about the future of humanity (which is a lie) then there are thousands of ways to spend that money right now that benefit people who are desperate and dying right now.

for all we know the warming is good for us. i dont buy that the temperature is absolutely perfect right now and that any change is bad.

a smart scientist wouldnt make absolute statement like that about something he cant know the answer to.

alternative fuels are fine, go ahead, invest in them. but dont take money from taxpayers for it. they need that money for their families and to buy things to help the economy.

so to answer the question, who is it going to hurt, the answer is the poor, the people who need the economy to really be buzzing so there are people buying and consuming and hiring and creating jobs. and not just here, but in places like china and bangladesh and eventually africa. places that desperately need the world economy (that means the US economy first) to be strong so they do not die of one the zillions of ways poverty leads to death, be it war or famine or disease or whatever.

taxes restrict economies. the number one problem on earth (for the people who actually have problems) is a lack of economic development, not the environment. and economic development happens with bustling free markets, led by the US. carbon taxes that hurt our economy, even slightly, have terrible repercussions worldwide, because everyone sells to us.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

That is nonsense. I challenge you to find a credible scientist who has reported that. To even suggest this is to say that centuries of human-caused CO2 emissions has done nothing . . . which flies in the face of much evidence.

Direct observations find that CO2 is rising sharply due to human activity. Satellite and surface measurements find less energy is escaping to space at CO2 absorption wavelengths. Ocean and surface temperature measurements find the planet continues to accumulate heat. This gives a line of empirical evidence that human CO2 emissions are causing global warming.