Majority of Americans still believe in Global Warming...

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Jun 10, 2010.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Smart scientists don't proclaim any lack of knowledge as absolute statements . . . but martin does.

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

there have been times in history there have been times when atmospheric carbon was higher than it is now, correct?. did we cause that? where did it come from if not us? is that source no longer around? where did the carbon go?

3. ashaman24

ashaman24 Maastricht, Netherlands

I don't really believe that global warming is man-made. But I do believe it's a contributing facter even though tiny compared to natural ones.

What I would like to change is pollutants. Nearly every coral reef is screwed up except for the most remote ones in the world. I am for wildlife preservation where man is the main component in it's destruction.

What the hell is wrong with tax breaks for buying solar panels and getting cleaner energy versus tax breaks just because you can pop out another kid.

I don't believe in any international penalties to the US for not complying with whatever regulations because we are far from the worst and those are only thinly veiled disguises for other countries to get money from us.

BP should pay for all the problems they caused with no leniancy until they spend about 20 billion....if the costs are less than that then great for them.

1 person likes this.
  4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Because the Sun is getting hotter each and every day and it will continue to do so. We could all, everyone on the planet never start another internal combustion engine ever again in our lives and the sun will still get hotter every day. You just can't stop it slappy.

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

please. i am the least absolute dude ever. i do not assert that i know how the universe was formed, why we are here, any of that crap, like most of you do. and i do not presume to know all the interactions of the earth such that i know why it is warming, how that is good or bad, or if we can or should do something about it. modern liberals seem to have a ful understanding of all the ramifications of their decisions and are eager to implement their plans. i am not so certain.

humans like to write themselves as the protagonist in every story. if something happens, they caused it. and this is understandable, i like to do this as well. but i acknowledge that not everything revolves around me, not always.

again, the globe has warmed and cooled rapidly since forever. what it is doing not is not unprecedented at all. one could argue that it should be expected.

6. red55

That wasn't the question. Try again.

7. red55

Well, duuuh!!! Mass extinctions can be expected from time to time as well, many related to climate change. :grin:

The obvious difference is that human civilization is around to be impacted this time. Not only that, but humans have been adding to the problem with a large and undeniable CO2 output of their own.

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

exactly. you cannot answer the question. if you dont know what caused hi co2 levels in the past then you cant rule it out this time. again, the fact is that co2 levels have darted around up and down long before we got here, and should be expected to continue rising and falling as they always have.

9. red55

It is you that did not answer the question. You just asked me one in return. So answer the question or STFU.

Whatever makes you believe this nonsense?

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

i am not the one who claims to know so much about the way the climate works that i feel justified in massive changes to tax policy that could do huge damage to our economy.

again, i dont know that warmer climates are worse, or that we caused it, or that it wouldnt be warmer without us or that carbon causes warmth, or that natural sources of carbon are not to blame or that our solutions are worth their price, or even that our solutions are not counterproductive. a prudent man understands that you shouldnt always try to manipulate things beyond your understanding when there might be consequences you didnt expect.

clame-change alarmists like yourself are the ones who need to be able to anwer questions like these before they can justify their programs. but they cant.