Make Your Bold Predictions Here: The Bold Prediction Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Cajun Sensation, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Herb

Herb Founding Member

• Penn State adopts an "us against the world" mentality and wins 7 whole games.
    • UNO decides to field a football team and gets beaten by John Curtis.
    • Lane Kiffen comes out of the closet.
    • LSU beats Oklahoma in the BCS game after ESPN runs a fabricated smear story against LSU
    • Charissa Thompson falls off of the back of a Harley driven by Nick Saban and a cover up ensues.
    • Urban Meyer resigns from Ohio State when the Buckeyes deliver a break even season

2. Milesthebest

Milesthebest Veteran Member

Practices don't count.

3. Milesthebest

John L Smith (Ark) caught with someone he shouldn't be with on a motorcycle apparatus. I used the term apparatus because I wanted to make the prediction realistic...Easy Rider he isn't, so he actually is in a side car with the woman driving.

4. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

The thread asked for bold predictions and that was one. I think Shep will have a breakout season because he's an elite athlete with tremendous skills that have been hidden because he had no one able to throw to him...Miles knew it....and Miles game planned around any semblance of passing attack.

If Shepard played for West Virginia, he would have been a first team All American.

gyver likes this.
  5. Milesthebest

Steve....Steve, quit drinking the Russell Shepard Kool-Aid. :) There are 200 skill position players in NCAA football with very similar speed to Russell Shepard. That is ALL the RS brings to the table. He can't block very well....runs horrible rounded off routes....still catches the ball against his chest too much because his hands aren't that good....goes down with a sneeze, etc. Bad news for your WVA statement. Unless he can make All-American being a Mountaineer backup, he wouldn't make All American. Just like he couldn't start at LSU ahead of Randall and Beckham, he couldn't start at WVA either. The thread asked for bold predictions, not ones made after partaking of spiked Kool-Aid. :D

BTW, amazingly Randle and Beckham caught their share of passes...why couldn't Shepard? The same QB was throwing to all 3.

2011 pass receptions: Randle 53 Beckham 41 Peterson 18 Shepard 14

6. stevescookin

I think you're drinking some of your own kool aid. Most of what you said sounds like typical arm chair proclamation. over 200 other athletes that are as fast as Shepard. That is ALL he brings to the table?

I stated my prediction and gave a very good reason for it.

7. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

your on the clock steve...

8. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

9. Milesthebest

Absolutely 200 NCAA football players who are about the same speed as Shepard. And once again, if he was that highly thought of a WR, he would have started over a TR FR in Beckham last season. And yes, there is a heck of lot more than speed at WR...blocking, catching the ball, ball security, running good patterns, yards after catch, etc Shepard scores low in all those areas. Shepard has very good straight line speed just like Holliday does. Tell me, Holliday was faster than Shepard, so I guess you are telling me that Holliday would have been All-American had he gone to West Virginia also, right? :rolleyes: You have every right to your prediction...I simply commented on it like some have commented on mine. One thing I will definitely give you....you made a BOLD one! Another cup of Russell Shepard Kool-Aid? :D

10. stevescookin

I like purple KoolAid !!:D

Milesthebest likes this.