Making a Murderer

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LaSalleAve, Jan 7, 2016.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

What a fucked up story.

Anyone watch this yet?

I just want to know how police can question a minor without the parent's consent? Then convict based on a confession that should be thrown out.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Lots of dust about this one. Amanda watched it and couldn't stop watching it. I think she cried. No idea what the "system" does with this but it is clear that this dude was railroaded because the cops screwed up on the rape conviction. I think they planted the evidence just from what I've heard but have not watched the film.

Avery isn't squeaky clean however, apparently he liked to set cats on fire and other types of crap like that. Still no excuse to lock him up for a crime he didn't commit. Twice.

@LaSalleAve last I heard "Anonymous" was going after the sheriff and the da to expose them. Not sure what they are going to do but not a group I'd want poking around my life.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If he does shit like set cats on fire he is a sick mofo. He should be locked up no matter how trumped up the charges. People who abuse animals almost always end up doing the same thing to humans. Lots of serial killers started out by torturing animals before they graduated to people.

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I guess its karma, reports are that the documentary left out a lot of evidence. I know that on the 17th or 18th search of his house is when they found a key with blood on it, under a shoe. Really, that many times through his house and you don't find something as significant as a key with blood on it, under a shoe? He really hid that well didn't he.

Regardless of what they left out this one is stinky. Rat hole PD with a 36 mil lawsuit against them makes them look really bad here.

5. LaSalleAve

Yeah I wasn't cool with the cat thing and he did serve time for that. But this other stuff, sure seems like he was framed.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Some people are so sick and twisted that they are dangerous to the public if allowed to remain free. I'm OK with whatever trumped up charges are necessary to put this slimeball away forever.

7. LaSalleAve

What about the real killer and the people who framed him? What about his nephew they coerced a confession out of without an adult present?

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I'll have to check this out. Thanks fur the heads up LaSalle.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Lock him up too

10. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I binge watched the entire 10 (?) episodes with my wife in late December. The documentary did well in getting us upset with the "system" and many details that are too numerous to mention. Having a 12 yr old son made the Brendan Dassey interrogations even more frightening.

Regarding the cat cruelty, that is obviously beyond reprehensible although I would guess that's fairly common in poor, white-trash communities. I think that there was at least one other friend involved that may have been the instigator.

To me, the take-away from the documentary should be more about the flaws in the "system" rather than whether Steve Avery actually did it. Still, it leaves me wondering who killed Teresa. I honestly think Steve had nothing to do with it and would speculate that it was either the two hunters (extended family) that lived next door (Bobby Dassey was name I think?) or it was an intentional murder by the police to frame Steve.

When you think about potentially losing your house, family, and all of your possessions due to a law suit that is not covered by insurance (and the public embarrassment), that is a huge motive. It's obvious that they framed him so how much further would they go to protect their livelihood?

*I've seen a few articles about how the doc was biased but perhaps I'm just naïve as I believe that 90% of the evidence was factually stated.