Making a Murderer

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LaSalleAve, Jan 7, 2016.

1. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

The "cat thing" was when he was younger (before the first conviction for something he didn't do).
    My wife and I also "binge-watched" the show very recently. Here are the things we took away from it:

The Sheriff (from the 80's) is as crooked as they come (and so were most of his subordinates).
    Dassey's testimony should have been thrown out. In fact, it should have been called a mistrial because the jury heard it.
    Like @lsu99 we also believe either the hunters did it or the cops did to set him up.
    Dassey's first "defender" needed his ass kicked (or fired) for allowing him to be questioned alone.
    If they cut Teresa's throat on the bed as described in Dassey's (alleged) statement, where is the blood??? They found no trace of blood anywhere on that property except for Avery's.
    Bones were found in a burn pile, and some in a barrel near the burn pile... and some another property away. Why didn't they mention this in the trial? Why not investigate why her bones were found in 3 places? She was burned in the barrel, then transported to Avery's "burn pile" as part of the "set up".
    The other police department were supposed to take over the investigation, the Sheriff's department should not have had ANY contact whatsoever with the property or Avery family members.
    That key only had Avery's blood on it. It should have had tons of Teresa's DNA as well but nothing, only Avery's. It was wiped clean then contaminated with Avery's blood from the vial with the needle hole in it.
    And that was another thing for us... the vial with the needle hole, and the re-taped box it was in. That so-called test they did to supposedly determine if the blood came from the vial or not was BS.

I believe both men are innocent and serving time for something they didn't do. Yes, there could have been a lot of things left out of the series as far as evidence or witness testimony. But it would have to be pretty substantial evidence to make all of the dirty shit above look even "okay". If it came to light though that he actually did this, I would be really surprised. And if he did it but Dassey had nothing to do with it, that would be even worse. Given what I've seen in the series, I don't know how they got a conviction. Something pretty major had to be left out of this series for anyone to believe these guys still deserve to be in prison.

tirk likes this.
  2. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Agree with all of summary above. It was also briefly mentioned that she was living with a guy that was different than the boyfriend she dated for five years (old boyfriend featured on show but don't think her male roommate was?).

3. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

YES, forgot to mention that. But hell, there are so many facets to this whole story you could fill a thread with all the details.
    And Teresa's brother, OMG! We wanted to choke that guy! He was ass-kissing the cops and Prosecutors with every single interview. And I didn't mention it, but we also had a theory the x-boyfriend could have done it.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

The keys and the lack of blood evidence is what did it for me. Also how a judge can allow the confession of a minor that was coerced without parental consent should have been thrown out. Why a judge allowed that confession into trial is beyond me. But my lawyer once told me a judge is a 900 lb Gorrilla in a small room. They are completely unpredictable.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

That's why your lawyer needs to bring plenty of bananas when he meets with the gorilla in his lair.