Male activists want say in unplanned pregnancy

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by CParso, Mar 13, 2006.

1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/LAW/03/08/fatherhood.suit.ap/index.html

2. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

That's one way of looking at it. But....I think this is probably just as valid (or invalid, in my honest opinion) as Roe vs. Wade. If the courts are going to allow women to shirk the responsibility for their actions, men should be granted the same "freedom". Equality for all and what-not.

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

She should have thought about it before accepting. She made em, yet she gets a choice?

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

As long as the courts continue to hold fathers responsible for children, then men haven't abdicated one damn thing.

5. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I have often thought about this as unfair, but from a different end. What if the girl wants to abort, but the Father wants to raise the child.

6. BamaBengalTiger

BamaBengalTiger Geaux Tigers !!!!!

Exactly. And since the girl does let the Father raise the child, is she then held finacially accountable?

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

there is so much unfairness and complexity involved it is maddening. even i cant think of an easy solution.

as a guy, i just figure the only solution is to be really careful where i put my dna. and not to get too graphic, but it obviously safer and kinda fun to shoot it in the safe places. although it can be difficult sometimes to not target the danger zones. and sometimes girls can be scheming. you have to watch them take those BC pills. i even think there is a small chance there is a 5 year old martin jr (i call him MJ) secretly hangin out in baton rouge.

the system is ok the way it is. it just means the fellas have to be super vigilant, and not get one past the goalie on a psycho lady, which of course can be tricky, because they are all psychos.

8. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

This is a sure sign that Arrmaggedon is coming.:thumb:

I mean if they open this box where does it end.

If the male wants to rasie the child and the female goes ahead and has an abortion, does the male have the right to file charges on her for murder?

I am not sure about this one, I do see the argument as to why they would like to have it BUT at the same time I can see a ****storm coming out of it also.

9. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

10. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

Paul Harvey..........good day.