Malzahn + Chavis = ???

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Jan 9, 2011.

1. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

ok....

i would love to see malzahn as oc. but what other than his oc experience does he bring to the table to be a hc?

what do we know about his recruiting? i thought trooper taylor (lord, i feel dirty just typing that scum bags name) was the one who recruited scam.

how is he at managing a staff?

granted, i think he would be better than pelini. but i seem to remember most thinking nebraska "done good" when they hired pelini, who at that point had no hc experience. and there has been less than flattering things said about florida hiring muschamp who has no hc experience. what is different about malzahn that he would be work the risk? OTHER than he is a good oc.

someone sell me.

2. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I know Malzahn is a genius or whatever, but I just happen to prefer SEC football.

3. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Yeah, because nothing screams "future successful head coach" like success at Tulsa. (Right Steve Kragthorpe?)

Not to mention he now has a senior laden offensive line at Auburn and the best player money can buy.

4. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

If this connect the dots is being concluded by some conversation that may have happened between Hill and Malzahn, I'd think it would be all over the sports media and not just some LSU message board. This isn't going to be the answer to the question. At least not this coaching pair.

5. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Calm down, calm down. I tried to state that as nicely as I could without offending you...you being sensitive and all. :wink: Let's face it...it's clear you're enamored by high octane offenses. Hell, you were Crowton's biggest fan for the longest.

Right now, nobody can win this debate with you, because...well, let's face it...there's a game tonight with the #1 flashy offense going against the #2 flashy offense, for all the marbles. I just happen to look at things more historically, and I'd rather a power ball control offense and strong defense. (read SEC football)

Like I said though, if it comes down to it, at this stage in the game, I'd be OK with Malzahn.

By the way, we ran the ball 55 times times the other night, with both Ware and Ridley going over 100 yds. And the passing game was effective because of it. THAT'S what I wanna see. OH, and we scored 41 points against a solid defense. I'll take whoever can bring that...and no, I don't think it was Crowton's scheme that provided that. It didn't look anything like a Crowton gameplan.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I say promote from within, fire Crowton, and bring in David Shaw from Stanford.

7. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

Agree.

8. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Just so we're clear, Tulsa was 24th and 30th in the nation in offense the two years prior to Malzahn, and is currently ranked 6th this year. One spot higher than Auburn.

You'd almost think that they play in a weak defensive conference or something ...

Let's see what he can do without 5000 seniors and the Heisman trophy winner. And don't feed me the BS that he "made" Newton, Cam would have won that trophy at Florida this year, academic infractions permitting.

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I hope you're not one of those fans that complain when we let the other team "hang around" and are forced to win all those cliffhangers? You know, that good ole SEC football, as you say.

You appreciate those games, right?

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Malzahn is a good coordinator when you have a giant who can run the read option. I would not want him as my coordinator. I hate the spread.