Malzahn + Chavis = ???

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

This. Chavis hasn't said he has "no aspirations" of being a HC. He just said it would have to be the right job.

2. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

We're not going to have a need for this.

3. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I agree with this.

It isn't a secret that the possibility exists for Miles to go to UM. I don't have a lot of faith in Alleva, but I also don't think you get to be an AD at a school like LSU (or Duke for that matter) by being stupid. I'm willing to bet there's a coach or two that has been contacted, and has already expressed interest. Hell, according to Krysan...Pelini's already packed. :lol:

4. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

That sounds like fun stuff for "old dudes" to talk about.....wish I drank coffee!!!:geaux:

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

tip your cap to the punters in Jasper and Helton for making them drive 90+ yards almost every drive. That was about the only thing that kept us in the game.

440 yards rushing on our d. that still hurts to say. and makes one worry about the game in jerry world for the opener.

6. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Ask some of the former players from Central HS what they would think of Ensminger being ANYTHING in a position of leadership. My nephew is one of the best he coached at Central, still has nothing good to say about him after all this time. As for Gonzales I have no idea.:geaux:

7. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I wouldn’t put much thought to Malzahn coming to LSU or having to worry about some interim coach. The Tigers coach for the 2011 season and beyond has already been decided IMHO. My biggest concern right now is whether or not GC is still going to be here next season. I’m confident the rest of our coaching staff will be intact, but does the coach of the Tigers keep Crowton. As has been pointed out before, as much as we all know and want him gone, with this team locked and loaded to make a serious run for the MNC, do we really want to risk messing up these kids by having them learn a new offense. It is obvious that you really can’t mess it up much worse, but as we have all seen, Crowtons offense can actually work if he has a solid QB. With Zack coming on board and JJ possibly starting to get it, is it better to keep Crowton 1 more season while to planets could be aligned for us to reach the mountain top?

This is the concern I have at this point. I know I, like most want him gone, but is it the best decision at this point. I mean, if what we saw in the Cotton Bowl, Bama, and Ole Miss is what this offense is capable of then I think we could beat anyone in the country. That is, if the offense plays like that consistently and the D performs like they did in the 1st half of the season.

8. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Interim? Why would you name a interim coach? We don't play a game until September.

9. FriedBoudinBall

FriedBoudinBall Founding Member

i prefer a pro-style offense. however, i could handle having Jimbo as our coach. Gus, well, he's definately good but i'm not sure if his greatness this year isn't completely tied to Cam.

10. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

how about so the recruits know that someone is in charge and the program is gonna have leadership throughout a transition.