Malzahn + Chavis = ???

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Jan 9, 2011.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

If Miles leaves this wont be the first time a coach has left a team for another job. You don't have to name an interim coach to have someone in charge of recruiting. There is a recruiting coordinator and each coach has his recruits. Naming Ensminger or Gonzales as an interim coach would scare the Hell out of me as a recruit.

2. kluke

kluke Founding Member

You are such a tease. You just keeping dropping these little 'I know how its going to end hints' in various threads.

Really gutsy post to say something about Crowton that doesn't include 'Drawn and quartered' or 'Impailed' or 'Spanish Inquisition' and the like. But I've had the same thoughts.

Good post.:LSU231:

3. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Well, one can’t commit to something they don’t control. As Bhelm stated, things can change. Miles has made it well know what his intentions are, you just have to piece it together. He loves Baton Rouge, he loves LSU, and he loves his team. His intentions, being the key. The deciding factors will come from those that want him the most and from those that will commit to him the same desires. The question is, will it be a calling to go home, or will it be where he has secured his future legacy? LSU and Mich hold the keys to those answers, and the answers aren’t only about money for Miles. Remember he is loyal to a T to his staff, he needs to feel secure with where he is, and he needs to know that he will be successful.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

for recruiting sake.

5. TwistedTiger

Like I posted earlier.....

6. LaSalleAve

true, it wouldn't be the first time. However in all of those times do you ever recall a school not having some players de-commit?

To be honest with you man, the only reason I said that, was because of the kids we have committed, and the staff that LSU has. We cannot lose Frank Wilson. If we put an interim coach in place, I think it would help retain staff, and commits.

7. TwistedTiger

Frank Wilson isn't going anywhere unless it's with Miles to Michigan and I even doubt that. Interim or not some will leave if Miles does. Not much you can do about that except make a good hire quickly.

8. LaSalleAve

Oh I agree, don't get me wrong, I never thought we should just slap the interim tag on someone and then twiddle thumbs until someone falls into our lap.