Man Buys Vince Lombardi's Jacket at Goodwill for 58 Cents

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Bengal B, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

2. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Goodwill's and the likes are great places to find hidden treasures. The people that work there don't know any better. I usually go in to find great books. If it is leatherbound, I'm on it like a dog to a cat turd. Found a rug once, it was hand stitched in silk, Indian. Paid 15 bucks for it, sold it for 1500.00. It was missing backing and it was a bit weathered, if not for that it was appraised higher at around 5 grand. Cool shit like that happens all the time.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I have found Goodwill's prices to usually be a good bit higher for the same items sold at other thrift stores. I got a pair of New Balance sneakers that looked almost new for $3 at one of the local shops in Baton Rouge. Same shoes would have been priced around $20 at a Goodwill.

A friend of mine's wife used to make pretty good money buying things at thrift stores and selling them on eBay. She mostly did children's clothing but it seemed my friend always had some new looking sneakers on and when I found out she would buy them at thrift stores I started going to them myself. I used to think those stores were only for poor folks but if you look at the cars in the parking lot there are lots of late model vehicles including BMWs and Lexus's.

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Contrary to what Red wants you to believe, the rich don't get rich by stealing from the poor, they do it by being...well, thrifty.

Winston1 and Bengal B like this.
  5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The rich don't shop at thrift stores, Gilligan. And they don;t steal from the poor, the poor have nothing. The rich steal from the Middle Class . . . thrifty people who work hard.

Tiger in NC likes this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Wouldn't you consider payday cash advances the rich robbing the poor?

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

The hell they don't

Well of course they don't, I already said this

You made that up

:D

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

An former girlfriend of mine who is now living on disability and barely getting by is one of the most resourceful people I've ever known. She manages to drive a nice car by shrewd upgrading of used vehicles on a regular basis. And she manages to dress to the nines by shopping at the thrift stores. Rich people get rid of expensive clothes regularly and she always finds really nice clothes for a couple of bucks.

9. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

I would

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member