Managing Expectations

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by WestCoastTiger, Sep 23, 2014.

1. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

I'm generally not the one to get on here to "pump" or trash our team. I generally try to call it for what it is. Where I get most frustrated is managing my own expectations for our team. By now it is fairly apparent, even to the most casual observer, that we were dramatically over ranked.

We have lost more juniors to the NFL draft than anyone over the last 5 years. Something had to give. It's great we recruit 5 star athletes but many leave after 3 years. It's the downside of recruiting and landing talent.

This is our down year. We couldn't replace the experience (not necessarily the talent) at key positions of QB, WR and DL. What I will tell you is that our future is so bright at those positions that I look for us to be a major contender next year and would expect even loftier expectations the year after.

I finished watching the State game for the second time. Brandon Harris, Malichi Dupre, Trey Quinn, Travin Dural, John Diarse all look to be incredible talents. The problem is they are all young.

Relax Tiger fans. We reloaded with talent this year but we have no experience firing the gun. Look for these guys to make a huge leap next year and the year after. This year will be painful (I'm thinking it could be a 6-6 or 7-5 type year) but the future is bright.

gyver, LSUTiga, tigerchick46 and 10 others like this.
  2. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Nice post bro... agree entirely. If we still see the same issues next year and the year after, then I agree it's time to start looking around for the next captain of the ship.

3. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Managing expectations has become a catch phrase with me when parenting my daughters, too. It's good to take a step back and realize when you're expecting more than you should. It only leads to disappointment.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

We are loaded with young talent that will cut bait and leave for the NFL at their first opportunity.

5. rockwallfan

rockwallfan Founding Member

6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I really hate social media and young people. You can never take away what you say, and how is this going to be good at all for the team?

That actually doesn't speak well of him as a future leader of the team.

LSUTiga and tigerchick46 like this.
  7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I thought freshmen were not allowed to make public comments. They all say dumb shit.

My dad would say to me . . . "boy, your alligator mouth will get ya' into trouble that your jaybird ass can't get ya' out of."

gyver and tigerchick46 like this.
  8. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Maybe that tweet wasn't football related? Not trying to be naïve, but perhaps some context is needed. In any case, I agree with Stacy and Red. These guys shouldn't be on any social media...

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Miles can keep the reporters away from the freshman but unless he takes away all their phones, iPads and laptops they will say whatever strikes their fancy in an instant without even thinking about it. There have always been lots of ignorant people around but social media lets everybody know just how ignorant they are. I don't blame Harris for being disappointed at not starting but he should keep his mouth shut and his fingers off the keyboard.

10. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

I feel the same way about it, I think social media is a waste of time and energy........on the other hand I totally feel Harris's frustration, he's clearly the better talent and sure he's a green freshman and yes Jennings isn't as green but he's way less talented. Let's turn it over to talent for a game and see what happens, can't be any worse. That being said, Harris shouldn't have made those comments over social media.

gyver likes this.