Manning minion running scared

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ramah, Aug 5, 2004.

1. ramah

ramah Founding Member

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/john_canzano/index.ssf?/base/sports/1091621141167640.xml

OSU's opener more than a mind game
    Wednesday, August 04, 2004
    O regon State-Louisiana State college football. One month until kickoff. Which means I have two questions for Beavers quarterback Derek Anderson.

One: What do you know as a senior that you didn't know as a junior?

Two: What more will you need to know before Sept. 4 to avoid a season-opening disaster in Death Valley?

"I'm not sure where to start," Anderson said.

Try question No. 1.

"I know preparation is everything. And that I'm seeing defenses better.

"I know Peyton and Eli Manning now. I worked at (The Manning Passing Academy) this summer. It was in Hammond, La. After the camp, we hung out, we (discussed) football, we barbecued and talked.

"I know our offense better. Toward the end of last season, I was able to get from the No. 1 receiver to the No. 2 and then 3. Now, I'm getting to that fourth receiver."

What else do you know that you didn't know a year ago?

"I know LSU has two great cornerbacks," Anderson said.

"I know, during the regular season, Peyton (Manning) watches every single one of his opponent's games from the season. If it's Week 17, he watches his opponent's previous 16 games. He watches all of them because he can see how they adjusted week to week. I'm going to start doing that."

"I also know the things I didn't do right in your favorite Fresno State game."

Time out.

(Note to reader: Anderson actually thinks witnessing him lock onto his primary receiver and throw five interceptions in the loss at Fresno State, then scurry off to the team bus, without even showering or addressing the media, was my "favorite" Beavers game. It was not. Trust me, the outside of my favorite bus window is a lousy interview.)

OK. Time back in.

"(I know) I wish I would have watched more film and prepared better last season.

"I know little things decide who wins football games."

"I know I'm living in the same old apartment in Corvallis and driving the same car (1995 BMW)."

What else?

"I know LSU has amazing athletes," Anderson said. "They're loaded.

"I know I've been running, lifting (weights) and throwing the ball. (Monday night) we got together with six or eight wideouts and a couple of tight ends, and we threw the ball around for a while.

"Hey, I also know what Baton Rouge, La., is like. I passed through there and toured the (Tigers') football facilities when I was down for the Manning camp. (LSU) was cool."

N ow, question No. 2.

What do you need to know in the next month to avoid disaster in Death Valley?

"I need to know we'll be healthy on the offensive front. We don't have a lot of depth up there.

"I also need to know we'll find a second receiver to play with Mike Hass.

"For that matter, you should know Hass is faster than people give him credit for. He runs a 4.6 in the 40. That's not slow at all. He has game speed. When other guys are looking up for the ball, he keeps running.

"I'll need to watch film and know where LSU's defense is coming from. And I need to find ways around that. I have a month to figure that out."

(Note to reader: I like the confidence of this older, wiser Anderson. I honestly do. Even in the face of what will be 90,000 screaming Cajuns, I love it. And I'm sure Anderson knows what he's talking about, but I'll probably leave the press box in the fourth quarter and stake out the Beavers' team bus. Just to be safe.)

Like Anderson said: Preparation is everything.

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Nothing will work ... advice from the Mannings especially ... my, how they hate LSU :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

And, a lack of talent at the WR slot with 1 decent receiver (runs a 4.6 :hihi: )

The Tigers are in for a feast ... a feast of magnificent proportions ... a true opening game slaughter ... and this poor QB thinks Fresno State had a great Dee :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

:lsug: :champs: :helmet:

2. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

Wonder if Eli told him what happens when you trip coming out from under center ? :grin:

3. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

Comment number 1. He will find out real quick what Saturday night in Baton Rouge is.

Comment #2 Forget the films there coming from everywhere. :lol:

4. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Starting QB for the Beavers ... :shock: ... looks up to the mark

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Maybe Ole Myth could hang a banner if OSU keeps it close and claim a "Scouting Title". All with the help of the beloved Mannings. can't they just go away.

6. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

The Manning Passing camp will be inviting Mack Brown to the camp this coming summer. The combination of Archie, Peyton, Eli and Mack will be a great collection of those who the media is obsessed with despite their complete lack of winning any meaningful games.

7. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

Did any one of the Mannings ever beat LSU?

8. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Yes. Eli did in 2001. I don't believe we ever played against Peyton. Archie was way before my time, but I would venture to say he did defeat LSU atleast once.

9. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

LSU is 3-3 against Ole Miss with a Manning as a starting quarterback. Archie Manning was 2-1 vs. LSU. Eli Manning was 1-2. :eek:lefire:

Peyton didn't face LSU.

10. ramah

ramah Founding Member

These youngsters ... g-dammmmmmmmmmmmittttttttttt

Archie Manning kept LSU from winning a NC ... you kids just don't know why we hate these stump-jumping mofos ...

I still wanna see more Manning bones broken ... I hate them so g-damned much