Manning minion running scared

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ramah, Aug 5, 2004.

1. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

I hate Archie and Eli because they represent Ole Miss. I hate the Grove. I hate how all their "fans" go to games dressed like they are going to prom. I hate how they always show Archie on tv watching the game while he listens to the game with his big yellow headphones. I hate how Ole Miss claims National Championships even though they have NEVER won a single recognized National Championship. I hate how Ole Miss put up a banner declaring themselves as SEC West Co-Champs for this past season. I hate how it takes you 8 hours to get the hell outta Oxford after a game there.

2. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

Do you think that Peyton was trying to run it up on the Saints last year? If I was Benson I would fire Archie from the preseason broadcast booth and tell them to never come around the Superdome or the Saints again.

3. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

I think the Saints secondary is just so bad that I could put up 35 points against it.

4. olVENICEdog

Louisiana State University

National Champions
    1958, 2003
    SEC Champions
    1935, 1936, 1958, 1961, 1970, 1986, 1988, 2001, 2003

What happened to LSU from 1936 to 1958? That is like 22 years. Did they suck those years or did they go to any bowl games. Where is a good place to look up some LSU history online?

5. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Main Site
    http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/index.php

LSU Page
    http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_ia/sec/louisiana_state/index.php

On the left you can look up records, scores, and coaches for each year you are curious about. The 40s were up and down, some good seasons, some losing seasons.

6. BB

BB Founding Member

First off, this is how the Derek Anderson Day at the Mannings actually went…

Manning Passing Camp BBQ – Hammond, LA

Derek: “Uh, Peyton, like, so what was it like to play LSU in Baton Rouge?”

Peyton: “Actually, to be perfectly honest with you, I never had the opportunity to play LSU during my time at UT. I certainly wish I’d had the chance to play both Auburn and LSU, but it wasn’t in the cards. Do you want cheese on your burger?”

Derek: “Totally, cheese on my burger would be radical. Does it bother you that Tennessee won a NC the year after you left?”

Peyton: “Not really, I could never have beaten Florida, even if they allowed me to have 12 years of eligibility. I’m rich as hell now either way. You like your bun toasted?”

Derek: “Toasted bun? Most definitely, dude. So, Cooper, what team did you play for?”

Cooper: “I was forced to give up football for medical reasons a long time ago.”

Derek: “Bummer. Well, you have a really cute new baby – congratulations.”

Cooper: “Thanks. We were going to wait to have kids, but Ole Miss kept calling and calling and it became quite evident that they were not excited about us putting off the Rebels’ ability to compete in football for another minute.”

Derek: “Far out. Hey, yo, Eli, how good is LSU’s defense?”

Eli: “I just got a $20 Million signing bonus. Want another gin and tonic?”

Derek: “I’m not drinking gin and tonic.”

Eli: “That’s a shame. Hey, Dad, remember that time I peed my pants?”

Archie: “That was 2 hours ago.”

Eli: “Oh, yeah.”

Derek: “Dude, can someone please tell me about the LSU defense?”

Peyton: “Look, Darren…”

Derek: “It’s Derek.”

Peyton: “Whatever. Just break the huddle and audible anywhere from 10 to 17 times until everyone on the field is confused except for you and then throw the ball. And pray that Steve Spurrier has an off day – man I hate that guy.”

Derek: “Steve Who?”

Archie: “Just do your best. If you can’t win the game just run around as much as possible so it looks like you are trying your best. Also, it helps if you get hurt.”

Eli: “It’s way too hot for a penguin to just be walkin’ around out here.”

Peyton: “Burgers are ready.”

Derek: “Gnarly.”

Peyton: “If everyone will excuse me, I need to go study and count money.”

Eli: “I made out with Paris Hilton and A-Rod at the same time last night.”

Derek: “So does LSU blitz much on first down?”

Eli: “Drinky in my belly.”

Derek: “Dude, I think you peed your pants again.”

Maybe it wasn’t exactly as I have imagined it, but it could have happened that way. LSU is going to absolutely feast on this Anderson kid and expose him while making it very clear to a national audience exactly who STILL has the best D in the land.

By halftime, Derek Anderson will look like Jessica Simpson attempting to program a VCR. When Marcus Spears gets finished with the Beaver O-line he’s going to have to have his stomach pumped. Corey Webster is going to shut down their receivers like a high school keg party and Justin Vincent will add 200 more yards to his Real Estate Portfolio. The Beavers Offense will be less effective than a D.A.R.E. Instructor at the Ricky Williams / Quincy Carter New Year’s Eve Party in Amsterdam. The only reason we’re actually playing this game is so that we can tailgate…

Confidence is good, right?

7. olVENICEdog

Thanks. Great site.