Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend didn't exist

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Mezmorizor, Jan 16, 2013.

1. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

Worst "sports" story of all time. ESPN had non-stop coverage Wednesday-Thursday. I thought I was watching Oprah. Who cares??? Is he an NFL prospect or not? That's what matters. Michael Irvin slit a teammates throat and he's in the Hall of Fame.

Richdog, martin and stevescookin like this.
  2. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I don't and I won't regain the 5 minutes I lost reading this thread.

stevescookin likes this.
  3. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

I've never been one for gossip. Never watched "reality" t.v. My news channel is ESPN(unfortunately). I find this story fascinating and utterly hilarious. Excluding the death of his grandmother, of course. For that, he has my prayers and utmost sympathy as my grandfather died Nov. 4th, so I feel his pain. But, making up a girlfriend or having an "online" gf, whom you've never met in person. Falling in love over the telephone. Depending on what Manti knew and when, possibly manufacturing tears for sympathy and a Heisman campaign. Or maybe just to cover up the embarrassment of the entire country finding out you never physically met your own gf, or maybe that you got duped? IDK. Maybe even parlaying that into a Heisman canidacy. I can't stand all the coverage the trophy gets. I could give 2 shits who the Heisman front-runner is week to week. Who takes what region, etc, etc, etc...What a perfect match this is for both trophy and story-possible scandal. Only way this could've possibly been more hilarious is if it happened to someone from Bama! Oh well....one can dream can't he?

COTiger likes this.
  4. col reb

col reb Founding Member

He is not going pro.....he is entering the priesthood....

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

Any award that is voted in should be violently ignored. Victories and statistics define good players, votes are completely irrelevant. Stupid to ever pay attention to them at all, regardless of whether the award ismformsports or movies or whatever. Votes don't mean anything.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

I am starting to think espn is giving up on sports and becoming a women's gossip channel. Espn is unwatchable.

7. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

Exactly... all this stupid "reality" tv crap has poisoned every channel. People have always wanted to see dirty laundry, but it's gotten out of hand now.

Richdog likes this.
  8. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Look, no doubt some of what you say is true, but he did perform well, and his grandmother, whom he was close to, did die. So, its not ALL fabricated. No doubt, though, that the girlfriend dying pushed the sympathy meter over the edge, and may have led to the number of awards he received, but some he actually earned, too.

9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

We also can't forget that Te'o didn't just play well this year, he played well for Notre Dame. Accomplishments are always made to seem greater when performed under that gold helmet.

10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Does that mean we can get rid of Obama?

Richdog likes this.