Many dead in Virginia Tech shooting

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by red55, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I have now deleted my posts in this thread.
    I would rather not post than to deal with some of the immature people in
    this thread!

1 person likes this.
  2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Don't be too thin-skinned, Sourdough. You don't have to "deal" with anybody that you don't want to. I ignore a lot of people on TF and I recommend it. Post or do not post according to how you feel. I wouldn't let an anonymous internet character annoy you and change your experience.

3. Sourdoughman

You are correct but unfortunately my emotions have gotten the best of me lately.
    I'm really shaken up right now by this VT incident especially the way we respond including and especially media coverage.

Thanks!:)

4. macatak911

macatak911 CRAIG STELTZ = BEAST

Dough,

It's nothing personal and I don't think I'm acting immature here. Many have greened me for my comment to take it to Free Speech Alley. This is a sensitive issue on a message board for a college. Some of us go to college. This could have happened anywhere...LSU...UNO...Toolame...Loyola...you name it. That's one more thing we have to worry about. Some people might not appreciate the "political bashing." That is all. :lsup:

5. LSUgirlinTx

LSUgirlinTx Is it game time yet?

No one victim life is more valuable than the next, but this makes me SICK

One of the VT victims...

Liviu Librescu
    Librescu, 76, a Holocaust survivor and an Israeli lecturer in engineering science and mechanics, was born in Romania and was known internationally for his research in aeronautical engineering. He had taught at Virginia Tech for 20 years.
    "His research has enabled better aircraft, superior composite materials and more robust aerospace structures," said Ishwar K. Puri, the head of the engineering science and mechanics department.

To survive something like the Holocaust and have your life ended by some less-human worm in a sensless killing is beyond disturbing.

1 person likes this.
  6. khounba

khounba Founding Member

I saw his story on the news this morning. Apparently he stood guard behind the door giving the students more time to jump from the windows. He is now a hero to many people and that is how he should be remembered.

7. khounba

khounba Founding Member

I'm not really sure what to say about this.

Apparently this group makes a living off of our constitutional rights by making a mockery of them. Things like this should not be allowed.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=191#S=191&F=2577&T=411309

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Just a little maybe....someone also raised the "Stalking" issue and I couldn't find it but obviously a troubled past.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070418/ap_on_re_us/virginia_tech_shooting

9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Pretty close.

10. Sourdoughman

I've thought this through a little more and I disagree that I was "political bashing" however everything else I said in this thread was totally ignored
    by some not all.
    Just because I made a statement stating gun control isn't the answer doesn't
    mean I was making a political statement or bashing liberals.
    It is an assumption on your part and others stereo typing what I've said.
    Like others have said you shouldn't stereo type people here.

I'll bet you a steak dinner I can find people who aren't political or liberals that
    are for gun control and I can find some on the other side that are against gun
    control.

No one could show any post in this thread I made if still here where I mentioned politics or liberals.
    You are the one mentioning these words not I and anyone who agreed with you are just as guilty of assumptions.

1 person likes this.