Many Young Americans Unable to Find Louisiana on Map

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by JoeReckless, May 2, 2006.

1. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

It would help if it was carried out the way it was intended to be. Schools are learning ways around No Child Left Behind. Instead of using the resources that have been made available, they are teaching straight to the test, misusing the funds, and overall wasting a good opportunity. Many teachers, out of fear of being exposed as second rate, are doing whatever it takes to pass the kids. Cheating is rampant in every school that I have contact with. I believe that kids are learning even less than before. However, it is not Pres. Bush's fault. It's the administrators, the teachers, the parents, and society that are to blame. The system requires accountability. Too bad a lot of people aren't accountable.

2. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

I have a brother that is a teacher. And the stories he tell me about some of the kids in the class is amazing. Parents of these kids must be out to lunch because these kids have no fear of disipline. There is only so much a teacher can do legally.

Most of the blame, I believe, has to be on parents first. That is why private schools or church schools are so much on the rise. If you put money forward it says something about the expectations you have. Not that all families who have there kids in public schools are not after the best interest of the kid. Mine are in public school for now.

Public schools will be where all the children left behind will be in the future.

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

It was a flawed system from the beginning. Communism could be defended on the grounds that it would be great if it was carried out the way it was intended, but it will never be because it goes against human nature. President Bush is accountable for putting in a system that has made the system even worse than before.

4. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

I agree with you 100%. I believe the root to this problem starts at home and the first lessons that should be taught, by their parents, is respect for people, mainly the people in authority. To gain respect, you must give respect and it is almost like these kids go to school with a chip on their shoulders. I'm younger than most, on this forums. I just graduated last year, but I still say yes sir, no ma'am, etc. What I noticed was that after each incoming freshman class came in, the cockier and more disrespectful they got, like they ran the place, and this was at a "good" public school. Anyway, I can tell you one thing, I follow in my dad's footsteps about raising kids. I think he did a pretty good job.

5. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

I think you are probably a pretty good kid.:thumb:

6. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Agreed. The administrative burdens of no child left behind are pushing the good teachers into the private schools. Many teachers are retiring early or going into the private sector because the program doubled their workload.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Evidence?

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

And to obey the Golden Rule.

I went to public schools in the 1960's that were great, with little apathy, few troublemakers, and no crime at all . . . and I got a very good education. But those schools don't exist much anymore in Louisiana. They do exist in other states with different demographics than ours. I'm not sure if Louisiana public schools can return to excellence, but if they do it will be because some parents and students decide to take some responsibility than we once all took for granted.

9. tigerintn

tigerintn Founding Member

10. CParso

CParso Founding Member