March Madness is in full effect!!!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUweezie, Mar 6, 2005.

1. LSUweezie

LSUweezie Founding Member

Man what a day of basketball so far. Ohio St. knocking off #1 Illinois 65-64, UF over #3 UK 53-52, Missouri over #7 Kansas 72-68, and then the rivalry UNC 75 Duke 73.

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

I swear Duke/UNC games are staged... The endings are always so hard to believe!

3. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

UNC finishes the game on a 11-0 run, i believe.

UNC was down nine with about three minutes remaining......

4. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

they got a miraculous offensive rebound off a missed free throw with under a minute to go... they make the shot and get fouled.... Then down still to Duke, they make a steal at midcourt and get a timeout called...........

Don't remember the sequence of those events but simple unbelievable.... and duke/nc games are often like that at the end.........

5. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

Duke let that one slip away.... [​IMG]

6. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

Duke still had a shot to get a 1 seed too if they beat Unc....watch out for them in the tourney though....

7. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

The Buckeye win helped our RPI. We're #25 according to ESPN this evening. If their "Nitty Gritty" seeding is correct, we're flirting with a #5/6/7 seeding. The 12's projected include Vermont, New Mexico, and Wichita State. So I think a push for a strong SEC tournament showing (hey, let's kick UK's butt like the good ole days!) is warranted. All hail the Brown Suit! Just think of the fun we'd have if this type of basketball was played annually!

Ohio State hitting three's! Who knew (really, do they ever miss?)!

8. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

UNC's Sean May is defintely won of the premier postmen in the country, he went up against shelden williams and scored 26 points and got 24 rebounds, which is amazing...that whole UNC team once they're all healthy, is unstoppable
    and yea, ohio state beating illinois and UF beating UK makes LSU's wins over them seem a lot better

9. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

:geauxtige This is the best time of year in any athletic event. sure bowl season is good, but no way does it compare to college bball in march. unlike football, everyone and their momma is betting on these games.

geaux tigers :geauxtige

10. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

Dook is a lock for 2, no better, no worse. I want to know how they always find a guard that is truly despicable and truly clutch.