Marcus Randall has new competition...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, May 5, 2005.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I always thought Randall was a natural running back playing out of position because we needed depth at QB. He might have made a fine college running back but LSU was deep in running backs and shallow at quarterback.

2. TD TIGER

TD TIGER Founding Member

The Titans backup for McNair is Billy Volek. The guy is not only a legitimate backup, but he was/is wanted by many teams.

3. BB

BB Founding Member

Per SportsCenter this morning the Titans signed White to be #3...

4. Carface

Carface What the...?

Randall's gonna have to switch positions or switch teams. Otherwise it's the curse of the practice squad.

5. upsizin

upsizin Founding Member

how bad is that really? I mean... I supported him for a long time, but having watched him play, it's hard to believe they want him as a practice squad guy. he's one of my favorite tigers of all time, and was very talented... just lacked composure in the pocket.

honestly, who here wouldnt give up their job to be a practice squad quarterback for the next 15 years?

6. Carface

Carface What the...?

But the bad part about being on the practice squad is that you're more likely to be cut. Didn't Mauck wind up on the PS of the Broncos and eventually get cut?

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

the titans signed jason white yesterday.

8. studentsect

studentsect Founding Member

300 grand a year throwing or handing off a football, while wearing a red no-contact jersey, and not having any pressure of whether the team wins or loses is some pretty harsh curse.

9. Carface

Carface What the...?

It's a curse if you want to make the big bucks and actually get to play. How many people say "When I grow up, I want to be an NFL practice squad player!"? The dream is to always be first string, or backup in worse case scenario. Point is, if he wants to be on the actual team he's going to have to make some changes.

10. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

If Randall makes the practice squad, then he will start.. in Europe.. which is fine.. he will learn the position better..