Marcus Randall has new competition...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, May 5, 2005.

1. Mr. Peabody

Mr. Peabody Founding Member

Some of you guys have stated that Jason White signed a deal with the Titans.

I haven't heard that.

Do you have a link.

So far, I only know that he was invited to attend their minicamp.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

ESPN reported it last night.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/11575545.htm
    Titans, quarterback White agree to terms

Days after being cast aside by the Chiefs, former Oklahoma quarterback Jason White is getting another shot at the NFL with the Tennessee Titans.

White, the 2003 Heisman Trophy winner, agreed to terms Thursday on a contract with the Titans. White wasn't offered a contract after going through a three-day rookie camp with the Chiefs last week.

White went undrafted despite helping the Sooners to the national-title game in 2003 and '04. White threw 75 touchdown passes and went 24-3 the last two seasons with Oklahoma.

He finished his college career with 7,922 yards passing and 81 touchdown passes. But his arm strength is considered questionable for the NFL, and he has had major reconstructive surgery on both knees.

β€œI just want to give it a shot,” White told The Star last week of the NFL. β€œAt least I know if things don't work out I gave it a shot. It's better than not trying at all.”

The Titans have an opening for the No. 3 QB job behind Steve McNair and Billy Volek. White also shares an agent with McNair.

3. Mr. Peabody

Mr. Peabody Founding Member

Good for him.

I'm still pissed about his post season championship performance over the last two years, but good for him.

Jason White is one of those soft spoken shy type of guys. He's not a media attention grabbing hound like some football players. He is very humble.

4. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

http://www.titansonline.com/