Marcus Randall: Is it just me?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by max, Jan 18, 2004.

1. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

im curious about the new QBs, but also....im kind of rooting for Randal.

he's a team player with a great attitude...and he's paid his dues. id like for him to start and have the same kind of success Mauck had, BUT....i dont believe he should be given any more chances than the freshmen.

i dont think anyone should be given more chances than anyone else....regardless of "seniority". all the QBs should be given the same chances.

football is kind of cut throat...being a senior doesnt mean anything if a freshmen is better than you.

so, may the best win

2. titanrook

titanrook Freshman

No doubt about it i am pulling for Marcus RandallThis youngman is a senior at the defending national champ LSU and will give us everything he has ,that is all we as fans can ask.I trust Nick and Jimbo they do this for a living.I will pull for whoever is there.That said JR is the most talented young qb i have ever put my eyes on.He may be ready to rock n roll now if needed look at what Leak done to us.

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I agree with your post entirely.

4. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

If what Saban said after the NC game is true, I don't think we can judge MR fairly by his performance in '02.
    I don't remember where I read it, but he said that late in the year, there was a lot of trouble on that team. He said there were instances of players talking back to the coaches and insulting one another. He said that certain players were selfish and did not receive coaching well. Plus there were a lot of injuries. If I recall correctly, he said he almost lost it.
    (If this is correct, if he didn't go to the NFL after that, I don't think he's going anywhere for a long time.)
    So I think it only fair to give the guy a break, support him and hope he does well. As long a player puts on that p&g uniform and gives it his best shot, he's gonna be a champ in my book and deserving of every bit of respect and thanks I have.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!

LSU, 2003, BEST IN THE NATION AND THE SEC!!

:geaux: :helmet: :lsug: :helmet: :geaux:

5. SpringTiger

SpringTiger Founding Member

I thought both arrived in August of 2003. That's less than six months. Am I wrong? Did I miss something?

6. Turbotigerfan

Turbotigerfan Founding Member

Okay, please don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Marcus Randall, and I'm glad he's a loyal tiger. In fact, I really appreciate the contribution he has made to the team so far in his career, but forgive me because I do not believe LSU can win a championship with this guy at the helm in the QB position.

While it's true Marcus Randall does have valuable game experience, to me he hasn't proven one iota yet that he can take that game experience and transform it into success on the football field. Given all that game experience, I still see a QB that is very much struggling to move what should be one of the most powerful and talented offensive football teams in the entire country.

So the choice to me seems to be is do we play a guy who still struggles to move the offense, who gives us practically no chance of winning a championship, and hold back the development of our very talented but inexperienced young QBs for one more year, or do we take a step forward in the right direction, towards the future of our program and play our young but very talented quarterbacks immediately to let them begin accumulating the valuable game experience that will make them better and is so necessary to be successful in the SEC and win championships.

To me it's a no brainer, and under the circumstances I believe we have no other choice but to begin to play our young QBs immediately next season, since they are going to be the future of the program. Playing a Marcus Randall his final senior season will only needlessly delay development of the young QBs one more valuable year, and then what will we end up with the following year? Marcus Randall will be history and we will still have two young very talented QBs without valuable game experience. In other words, since it is highly unlikely we can win a championship with a Marcus Randall at the helm in the QB position next season, lets not waste a season letting him play and instead lets spend the season developing our young QB talent by letting them gain valuable game experience. It will only help to better our chances of winning a championship in the future.

Believe me it is easy to see why everyone seems to be so divided on this issue. It is because Marcus Randall has made such a valuable contribution to the team and has always been a truly loyal Tiger, but I think under the circumstances that it's time for the team to move forward and look towards the future.

7. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

Personally, I'll trust Nick and Jimbo. That's what we pay 'em the big bucks fer!

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!

:geaux: :helmet: :lsug: :helmet: :geaux: