Marcus Randall to the Tennessee Titans

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Carface, Apr 25, 2005.

1. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

Sorry g man I read every line of your post but the last one then spent 20 minutes trying to remeber BM's name. :dis:

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I think when you look at games like Florida and Arkansas, you can see some of the developement that occured under Jimbo. When Randall relazed and didn't panic in the pocket, he was actually a pretty good QB. To me his greatest weekness wasn't his physical or knowing the reads and such but the fact that at the first hint of pressure he seemed to implode. In most games, if he got through the first couple of series and remained calm he was usually going to have a good game. If not....

3. cajdav1

PS, thmy post above doesn't mean I do think he will make it as an NFL QB. Just trying to show I think Jimbo was coaching him up, Marcus just didn't respond well in most games.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

"That guy, lsuj2006, has absolutely no chance to make it with the Golden Band from Tigerland" - Marcus Randall

5. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

To say he don't have a chance is BS. What round did Tom Brady get drafted? Brady is no exception either. If you hang around the NFL long enough to get put into the right situation at the QB spot, it can & does happen. Dumb comment IMO. I'd take Randall over Campbell anyday. :)

6. TD TIGER

TD TIGER Founding Member

This is a futile argument, Randall will NOT be a QB in the NFL. Throw out a couple of other positions and he's got a shot, but not QB. I don't think some of you really understand the NFL if you speak otherwise.

7. cajdav1

and then he proceeds to continue it. :hihi:

Heck, almost all of our arguements are futile as we never change each others minds. :D

8. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

I am not trying to knock Randall down but he played terrible, IMO, in several big games. He didn't ever seem to get better at all.

I think Tom Brady's name is over-used come draft-time.

How many people not drafted in the first few rounds have had brady's name thrown with theirs.

9. lsuj2006

lsuj2006 Founding Member

I earned my spot. The band director is giving me pity authority just cause I've been in the program for five years. :hihi:

10. Mystikalilusion

Mystikalilusion Founding Member

I wonder if Seattle's experiment (successfully) turning M. Boulware into a SS from a collegiate LB soured NFL teams on SS's?

Or maybe the strong safety position is the most full up in the NFL?

Most likely the three best SS's, Shazor, Jamaal Brimmer, and Atari Bigby didn't even get drafted.