Marcus Spears injured today

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mesquite tiger, Jul 29, 2006.

1. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

Fox 4 Dallas reporting Spears injured his knee today at training camp - surgery is likely that will keep him out up to a month at least. hopefully it is nothing serious as he is a big part of the Boys defense.

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Bad luck, that's 2 years in a row. At least it is somewhat minor again.

3. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Well, Parcels was already being his very charming self in The Dallas Morning News today. "This is two years in a row that he's getting out of training camp, and he REALLY needed the work."

Blah, blah, blah. Parcells can be such a jerk sometimes--to talk about one of his starters like he's a slacker.

4. aztiger03

aztiger03 Founding Member

my son and I went to sat am camp in Oxnard and spears was looking good , did not see him go down.. they ran 9-11am and then 5-7 pm. will post pics soon...:geauxtige

5. clair

clair Rockets

he is only out 2 weeks, and Parcells clearly listed him as a starter, and also gave him a chance to play a lot last season, after missing ALL of camp as a rookie, something not many coaches would not do

6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Parcells acts like this about all of his players--except the ones he brings in personally (I.E. Vinnie Testaverde, ME-shawn Johnson). He made a big point out of saying, "Greg Ellis looks like he's going to be my man @ DE."

Case in point, Eric Davis, one of the Cowboys safeties was shot in some sort of drive-by on LBJ freeway in Dallas two weeks ago, and Parcells went off on him, "Well, it looks like a random act of violence and Davis wasn't personally involved, but to go and get himself shot right before camp is making his position with the team very tenuous."

The Tuna gets on my nerves sometimes...especially capping on one of my LSU guys.