Marcus Spears to stay for his senior season

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Jan 12, 2004.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

2. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

I agree that Spears will have a monster year next year. With his size and athletic ability not many OT can keep up with him.

3. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Marcus Spears, Marquise Hill, Kyle Williams, Kirston Pittman...Man...With the top three getting another year stronger and better, and with Pittman heading into his first offseason, that's got to be a scary proposition for Southeastern Conference Offensive Line Coach's everywhere...

Also amazing to think that Pittman busted his way into the starting lineup as a true freshman amongst all that talent...Says quite a lot about the young man...

I wonder what FIRN from the Lair thinks about Pittman nowadays...I remember in the early going of fall camp he said that his, "Source close to Coach Saban," had told him that Pittman had an attitude problem, was out of shape, and was an, "overall long term project at best," and, "a long shot to see the field during his tenure in Tiger Town."

Gotta love that...

4. LSUfan636

LSUfan636 Founding Member

Gotta love it.....Great News!

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I will say it again.....Saban is a genius.

He has the knack to bring players onto this team that he knows will not cause trouble.

6. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Yeah, with Pittman's speed and quickness, an offseason in the conditioning program to add some serious muscle will make him a Jevon Kearse clone!!!

Also, Spears and Hill back for another season together would be GREAT!! "The Purple and Gold sack attack" will be in full force!!!
    :geaux: