Marcus sure does love Little Rock...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Nov 26, 2004.

1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Two straight games in Arky he's been CBS Player of the Game...In '02 we were one play away, and then this year, he left NO DOUBT...

Gotta say that I hadn't seen Jimbo open up the downfield passing and rollouts ALL FREAKING YEAR until this game. I thought it was his best called game all year, and I don't know why it took till this point in the season to do it...

Some will say we had no confidence in the continuation of the passing game in the 2nd half, as evidenced by our lone passing attempt in the 2nd half, but I'd say that they were up 13 points (almost 2 scores) and we could afford to take the air out of the ball, especially in light of two special teams letdowns being responsible for all of Arky's points...

Marcus Randall gave a parting shot to all of the naysayers, and I hope he gets off one last salvo in our bowl game. I love JaMarcus and can't wait to see his development in the offseason, but I couldn't be happier about Marcus' triumph today.

Geaux Tigers! Congrats to the staff, to Coach Saban, and - finally - Coach Fisher!

9-2 regular season, a one-point controversial call loss to the national title contender and one throwaway game. Five come-from-behind W's in the 4th quarter, and all with a still as of yet unsolidified quarterback position with the regular season over!

2. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

Excellent Post TE :thumb:

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Some may say that, but here's the real story. Since Ark. had to start honoring the passing game, it opened up holes in the running game and we didn't have to pass.

Could agree more with you on the game plan. The rolling pocket with the run/pass option was the key to Randall's success.

Defense again was stellar. Just 2 TDs on short fields and another 2nd half shutout. Is there anything better than a suffocating defense?

4. TigerEducated

fanatic, I agree whole heartedly...They were DEFINITELY not ready for the aerial attack today, especially after last week. The 2nd half had them selling out to stop the gashing they were taking each series through the air.

The defense was stellar, and could have easily had many more picks. Daniels (Jesse) dropped one, and I think Landry had another chance that he went for the TACKLE instead of the ball, which I liked since it resulted in an incompletion after a hard hit.

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

The play calling wasn't that different it was the QB play. Randall showed the ability to throw the ball down field today so they continued to call them. They have also been rolling him out a lot this season it just hasn't made a difference because he hasn't been able to hit the open receiver. Randall had the game of a lifetime today and he deserves a ton of the credit for the win. Lets hope he has one more good game in him. Good game Randall and good game Tigers, now lets get one more.

6. TigerEducated

The rollout pass has been as non-existent as the option when Randall is in the game.

I don't know how you can say you've seen LSU go to the sprint out/rollout...Because it just hasn't been there, period, all year.

7. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I hope you taped some of the games so you can go back and watch because they have used a ton of rollout with little success because of poor passing. They have even used some rollout with Russell.

8. TigerEducated

Twisted, I'm not going to really go into it, but trust me man, I've been crowing about this for a LONG time now...I haven't taped any games, but trust me, it's been a non-factor until today. Not because of accuracy, but because of its non-existence in Jimbo Fisher's script or playbook this year thusfar.

We agree to disagree, but trust me, I'm not the only one whose seen its lack of presence in the offense. I don't want to disagree over and over, so we'll just agree to disagree on this one.

9. Berge

Berge Founding Member

It wasn't a one-point conversion that cost us the game.... It was a 4th and 12 conversion. We stop that, we win. We make the extra point, we go to OT....

10. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

I have most of the televised games on TV. They could have used Randall to roll out a little more in my opinion. Give him the option to throw or run.