Mardi Gras Plans

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. martin

martin Banned Forever

I don't even know when mardi gras is anymore. I want to eat a king cake right now though, love those things.

2. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

$50 will get you one delivered from Manny Randazzo. Did that for my office. Yummy.

3. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I used to live in Spanish town in the '70s...we were the only white people around back then....it was a real cool place to live.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It's still a cool place. There were white folks in Spanish Town then, lots of them. But it has gotten whiter and wealthier. The lesbian ratio is very high there.

5. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I was invited to Orphescapade, so the wife and I will be doing that.

6. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

This is the first time I've done early mardi GRAS in n.o. Much tamer, better in many ways but have a room with a balcony on st Charles so could've handled it. All the nfl fans on bourbon make it worse than ever. Half of the people in the quarter are black today. Never remember being that way---did something happen to make them like it better over the last 20 yrs?

LSUTiga likes this.
  7. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I'll be in the Marigny and the French Quarter playing with the pair-a-dice tumblers.

(I'm the clarinet player in the hood.) It's amazing how alcohol makes you think you're competent!! :cool:)

8. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Never done a small town Mardi Gras but have seen enough youtube videos to get an idea. Drinking some early morning bourbon and chasing chickens around does make me want to try it once. Probably not twice.

We usually visit Lafayette the weekend before Mardi Gras if the weather is decent. I've taken the kids to the Saturday Children's parade a few times but will probably try the Youngsville parade for the first time this year. Always fun to meet up with old friends at the Fri/Sat night parades also.

I've never been to Nola for Mardi Gras but spent the weekend before Mardi Gras there during my freshman year at LSU. I may have more crazy memories from that weekend than all of my entire life combined.

9. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

Don't they chase the chickens in Church Point? That would be worth going to see it and do the small town Mardi Gras......I lived in Lafayette and used to enjoy Mardi Gras every now and then but the crowds and the traffic have just gotten to be too much to deal with the last few years......

10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

When I was little, the only Mardi Gras parades we'd hit were in New Roads because my grandparents lived there until the late 70's. In college, of course, I went to New Orleans and did all of the parade stuff--even got a Zulu coconut one year. :) The guy I dated had parents who were well-connected in NO, and so I even got to attend the Rex ball in 1990. That was interesting to do.

After college, I never went at all. I honestly didn't love the immense crowds. And the older I get, the more I would feel that way.

Like Martin, I wouldn't even really know when Mardi Gras is anymore, living out of state.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.