Mardi Gras Plans

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

This true, i have family and friends in Church Point and they know how to do it. The food is much better and better people as well.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Yep yep

3. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

wife just ask me what is mamou.
    what a poor pregnant soul.

stevescookin and LSUTiga like this.
  4. shane0911

lol, they are something huh?

I'm not there but sure wish I was. Even the one in Houma was fun.

5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

lmao. That's funny. Pretty logical question if you ask me.

Bayou Tiger and LSUMASTERMIND like this.
  6. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Never been to Mamou but have heard about it for years, often in relation to Mardi Gras. When I learned Jimmy Buffett's song "Pirate Looks at 40" awhile back on piano, I decided to change one of the verses to "Made enough money to buy Mamou, but I pissed it away so fast". This is because I will never make enough money to buy Miami but possibly enough to buy Mamou.

7. shane0911

Love that song. Would love to learn it on guitar, well, wouldn't mind learning anything on guitar actually. I actually think I like Roger Creagers live version the best.

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Got a text from a friend today. They're having a real "Boucherie" Sunday. Killing the pig at 8:00 a.m. They have a half hog from earlier that they'll cook so there's no pressure to have all the stuff ready by noon. This is a party, not a necessity.

I recently starting doing a little Drivers Ed driving with kids on the weekends. Guy I help throws me a few now and then so I can put some money in my slush fund. I have a few this weekend but I'm thinking about cancelling my Sunday times.

Will try to go and get some pics. They're going to make cracklins, boudin, hog head cheese, etc.

Oh and I think Sensation's a comin. Good lawd help me. I could end up in the streets Monday night.

Bayou Tiger likes this.
  9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

If he's coming to hang out with you, I would say that's pretty much a 'definite'. Hope you don't have to be at your parade stop early Tuesday.

10. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

I hope all the parades survived in the small communities. A lot of parades in the New Orleans area cancelled this year due to the economy. Many of those who rolled were noticeably smaller (# of floats & riders) and the "throws" were a lot less than usual. The attack on oil took its toll as the average price of beads increased by 20-25% in just one year. The plastics (cups, Frisbees, etc.) also increased significantly.

The extra taxes will take their toll next year as disposable income levels are reduced for those who actually contribute. Maybe the administration can start another entitlement program and provide a voucher to ride in a parade for those who don't work but vote for their party. :)

LSUTiga likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.