Mark Ingram: Knee Surgery

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by HatcherTiger, Aug 31, 2010.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

In my opinion, Richardson is the better tailback anyway.

2. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

He'll have the opportunity to prove it now.

3. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

He's a little bigger, definitely more top speed, but it's his hands and you will see mucho short passes on screens and short varieties going to Trent this year. The strength that Bama throws at you at running position isn't this OR that, it's this AND that.

Bama pounding for four quarters has been tough to handle even for physical teams. Lacy needs to step up and give us again that tandem that Trent has been able to provide with Mark.

4. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Perhaps....

It appeared to my sore eyes last year that Ingram also picked up the blocking schemes pretty well when not carrying the ball... the few times I saw Richardson trying to do that.... well, not so good.

Ingram seemed to play the position better, although Richardson has equal or better skill as a runner.... just my two cents... in a bad economy....

Hey, I just noticed I'm a senior member.... now how did this forum know I just started receiving my AARP newsletter?

5. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

+1

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Having that 1 - 2 punch is definitely a leg up on the competition. Hell the Alabama South Carolina game last year, Alabama ran something like 12 plays in row to Ingram, either out of the wildcat or just handing it off, and they couldn't stop the dude, and they knew it was coming. He is a great back, i just think Richardson is a better runner, more elusive, faster, shiftier, etc.