Mark Ingram

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Per Jeff Duncan:

Loomis said as soon as they picked Jordan they discussed "how can we get Mark Ingram?" "we're excited about it."

Loomis: it's hard to give up any future pick. You've got to feel real good about the pick you're making....Obviously we do."

"Part of this is obvious, with Drew we have a window of opportunity and we want to do everything we can to take advantage of this window."

Loomis said he would consider trying to move up tomorrow and recoup the 2nd round pick but said it would be "doubtful" they could pull it off.

Loomis said that the Saints made an attempt to trade up a few spots to take either Jordan or Ingram and couldn't pull it off.

Loomis said the selection of Inghram would not affect the team's interest in keeping Reggie Bush. "We like all of our running backs."

I call b.s. on that last one.

2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

You may be right, but I thought I saw a stat that he had 16.5 sacks his junior and senior years. If true, that ain't too shabby.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

had to be his career. i saw they 16.5 too.

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

5. tirk

6. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I think he will be a solid DE just not the pass rusher the saints D really needs and now the #2 pick is gone that could have been used on a LB. Hopefully they have their eye on a free agent. I still like the idea of Ingram on my team, the need for a pass rusher is just greater IMO.

7. tirk

right. id just as soon them taken ingram first if they wanted him that bad. he's a football player. then take a chance on bowers or another disruptive athlete on passing downs. is another will smith needed.

8. vesperiaLSU

vesperiaLSU Veteran Member

The only thing I know for sure is that the once "F**k you Ingram" chant resounded in the Tiger Stadium is gonna be transformed into "Love you Ingram" chant in the Superdome lol Welcome to Who Dat Nation Ingram!

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

don't like this pick. especially coming from a guy who has proven time and time again that he can find running backs in free agency. I don't agree with drafting running backs in the first round, never have never will.

10. tirk

well its official, ingram is a great pick.