Mark May-LSU is walking into a buzzsaw

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by diamondheadtiger, Nov 7, 2013.

1. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Yeah, Izzy would fit right in at ESPN w/his accurate prognostications.

2. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

What scares me is that we've played one good half of offensive football in the last month and that was against fuhrman. If we were clicking like the first part of the season, i'd feel much better. Hope I'm wrong.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I don't think LSU was crushed in the national championship game. Sure their defense shut down a terrible no good trash ass offense, but our D held their really good O to a bunch of field goals and a garbage time touchdown.

Winston1, didit, furduknfish and 2 others like this.
  4. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

I have been saying this forever. Alabama is pretty good...but they can be beaten just like anyone else. The media loves to make them invincible. They have skated through their weak schedule (SEC included). No one seems to place much emphasis on that. Now, they get LSU. I may be proven wrong, but LSU has the players to match up for the most part. Additionally, Alabama has the most overrated QB in history. I can't wait to see what happens here. LSU has very little, if possibly nothing, to lose by playing fast and loose. According to the sports media, we might as well forfeit. No one will ever beat Alabama again, they are just too good. Whatever.

gyver and StaceyO like this.
  5. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Dude, if you don't cross the 50 till 8 minutes in the game and the other team has 21 1st downs, you were crushed...

cul2969 and GregLSU like this.
  6. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

It was a crushing defeat. And it happened in a game that meant all the marbles. It's what the players worked for all season.

LSU never showed any signs of threating at all in that game. And Les didn't do everything he could to put his team in the best possible position to be successful.

I am also aware that this is a different season and there are other aspects of each team to be considered in the up coming game.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  7. LaSalleAve

Then the offense was crushed, but LSU was in that game until Richardson scored that garbage time TD.

Could have gone down like the Oregon Stanford game last night if someone would have removed his head from his rectum and made a qb change.

Winston1 likes this.
  8. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

We have a better qb. Better receivers and running backs. And looking at the SEC stats, Kwan and Freak are even better than most of their guys. Our offense is going to give bamas defense fits tomorrow night. Our defense is 3 times better than A&M defense. Saturday night LSU is going to shake up the bcs standings. Then I'm mailing out boxes of tissue with sympathy cards to my Gump friends/ family. image.jpg

LSUDad, Pintoracer, StaceyO and 2 others like this.
  9. ROY_LA_CA

ROY_LA_CA Founding Member

In my heart, I always expect LSU to win, but my head says that I really don't know. Last night's Stanford/Oregon game sure should give us some encouragement and let's hope that it's the start of a trend this week.

I do think that for the LSU/Alabama game, history will hold true on two points... Home field advantage won't matter and LSU will bring their best game of the season despite recent games which lacked effort from both our players and coaches.

On offense, I think that the key for an LSU victory will be more passing, at least 50% passes and when we run, we will need consistent runs of at least four yards per carry by Hill and company. Glad that our full-backs are back. On defense, we will need more pressure on their QB even at the expense of some long gains.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
    LSUDad and gyver like this.
  10. LaSalleAve

What's going to be fun is at some point in the run game, Connor Neighbors will have an opportunity to lay a hat on that Collins crybaby who still is whining about LSU. A Bama traitor against a Louisiana traitor.

Winston1, LSUDad, Herb and 1 other person like this.