Mark Roman on the sidelines after the Moss TD...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TSdude, Jan 11, 2005.

1. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

Did anyone see the clip of Roman pointing and screaming at one of his Packer secondary mates. I believe it was Ahmad Carroll from Arkansas but not sure. Anyone else see this and shed some light on it?

2. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

My guess would have to do with the secondary being burned almost everytime Culpepper dropped back

3. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

They definitely won the Golden Fire Extinguisher Award for being burned the most times. Even a one-legged Randy Moss made them look silly. Carroll and Harris were getting beat like you said everytime Cullpepper.

4. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

I read that Roman was fired up b/c a hobbled Moss had beaten Carroll...again...I imagine he was saying something to the effect of:

"Come on man, I know you went to Arkansas, but can you really be THIS bad???"

5. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

6. COTiger

Quotes from the Milwaukee paper on the exchange between Roman & Carroll:

And when frustration set in, safety Mark Roman and cornerback Ahmad Carroll got into a shouting match on the bench over something silly. The two had to be separated and their actions spoke volumes about the lack of leadership the Packers have on defense.

According to those within earshot of the dispute, Roman made a remark about the two penalties the rookie cornerback had committed on the Vikings’ last scoring drive and Carroll got angry. Carroll was upset with Roman from a play earlier in the drive, when Roman jumped on Carroll to celebrate a tackle the rookie had made and landed on him awkwardly.

Carroll had waved a finger at Roman, which the veteran safety didn’t appreciate.
    “It was family business, that’s it,” Roman said of the dispute. “It was just something that needed to be taken care of. The bottom line is that we’re out of the playoffs.”

Roman declined to be more specific about the incident and Carroll refused to answer questions from a reporter after doing an interview with the Packers’ radio network.

7. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

Thanks for the info COTiger. I had to feel sorry for Alexander being pressed into service against a QB having the greatest single passing season in NFL history...doh!!!

8. COTiger

It was a long, long day for Alexander. He was on the opposite side from #24 Bailey (All Pro) so I think he knew he was going to be picked on. Hopefully he'll learn from the experience.

9. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

A loan officer I work with at my company is best friends with Javon Walker (#84 Pro Bowl wideout for GB)...He said it was petty and ridiculous, and Carroll was overreacting...

He's also said that Craig Nall will take over if Favre calls it quits, and that the defense is in for a MAJOR overhaul...

On the subject of the touchdown where Moss mooned the crowd, you guys are wrong about that...Al Harris-their best cover corner-got beat by a Crawfishing Randy Moss (His ankle wasn't as bad as he let on-it was a front), who actually took an audible a the line from Culpepper. Culpepper saw him playing off, and thought he might be baiting into the out or buttonhook, so they gambled on Harris jumping the route, which he did...

Bingo, touchdown...

10. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Thanks for the info, but I'm not sure I buy all that about Moss faking it. Interesting story though.