Martellus Bennett verbals to Texas. RP:"Me and Bennett are working on Rouse for UT"

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by philter, Jan 11, 2005.

1. philter

philter Founding Member

EDIT

Article proven false! Removed.

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Perilloux is going to UT gang, dont get your hopes up.

3. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

This is why I don't understand wht any of you keep on posting things RP says. Why do you believe any of it. I am just going to wait until signing day to see where he ends up signing, because he talks out of both sides of his mouth.

4. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

RP has no idea where he is going right now, and you don't either. He is obviously torn, his family wants him at LSU, but I think he wants to be at Texas.

5. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

I emailed the author of the article (linked below) from The Statesman that was posted in TigerForums back in October after the UT/OU game:

http://www.tigerforums.com/showthread.php?t=20941&highlight=ryan+perrilloux

I asked him if he had any new info and this is what he wrote:

I spoke with Ryan yesterday and he sounded excited about coming to UT.

He was talking about playing with Martellus Bennett, a tight end from Alief Taylor, who we reported yesterday had also committed to UT.

However, most of his official visits will be coming in the next couple weeks. Those schools will do whatever they can to get him, and generally kids that age can change their minds like they change their socks. So I'm sure Mack won't pop the champagne until he gets Ryan's signature on paper.

So theoretically I guess there is a chance that Ryan could switch but it isn't looking great. I guess we should just sit and wait. It is hard for me to imagine choosing UT over LSU while growing up in Louisiana. They both will offer similar opportunities and both have their advantages. It wouldn't even be an issue with me.

6. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

this is very true, I do know absolutely nothing about his plans. Its just a guess on my part a hunch so to speak. I guess after the Cap One bowl I decided to always assume the worst, this way you dont get disappointed so much. Its a defense mechanism. So if he does go to UT I wont be disappointed because "I knew it all along"

I will try not to drag the rest of you down with me. However I suggest you incorporate pessimism into your love of LSU it helps protect your psyche against things like the Cap One Bowl, Auburn, etc etc

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

It's hard for all of us to figure that out but then we can understand very easily when we sign an out of state guy like JR, Bowe, Big Herm, Charles Alexander, JA, etc. All of those players bypassed a chance to attend their flagship university in order to play at LSU and the Florida guys have to bypass 3 really.

8. AustinTXHorn

AustinTXHorn Founding Member

By the way, the Statesman article was proven false last night. Bennett was called by the guy that runs orangebloods.com and he said that he had not committed to Texas, but he did make that phone call to Mack Brown.

Still, I think Bennett goes to Texas even if he hasn't committed yet.

9. philter

philter Founding Member

Wow that writer should be fired immediately.

10. conradj

conradj Founding Member

Charles Alexander is from Breax Bridge....if you are talking about the one on the team now