Martin Declares for NBA Draft

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Mar 25, 2015.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

oh you putain

and no, its not

2. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i think he has a slight chance of making it. if he would have corrected his shot mechanics so that he doesnt shoot linedrives, he would be a good offensive player.

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Sux. I wish he could be convinced to stay just one more year. I'd love to see the core of the team now with the incoming blue chip talent.
    Maybe in his later years, but that first pay check will will make any immediate regret disappear.

Brian and ParadiseiNC like this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If he doesn't blow it on big houses and fancy cars. If he doesn't go in the first round his likely salary and bonus minus agent commission and taxes will be a good bit less than $1 Million with nothing guaranteed in the future. The positive for him is that even if he doesn't make it in the NBA he can earn very good money somewhere overseas. The other day I heard that Darrell Mitchell has been playing in Morocco for a few years and has been a regular all star in that league. I didn't even know they had basketball in Morocco.

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

When he figures out another year of college ball would have got him drafted a little higher and that 1st check could have been a little bigger.

Now if he fails that 1st check will be his only one vs more development, a strong rookie year which leads to a really nice 2nd contract.

Could still happen but he is against the odds.

Brian likes this.
  6. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

His game may be suited better for the NBA if he can improve his shot just a little. Scouts will like his big frame as a 3 with the flexibility to also be a stretch 4.

As for his time at LSU, I will remember a guy with enormous expectations that showed flashes but never put it all together. Much like the team for his two years.

shane0911 likes this.
  7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i dont know his situation but even if he made a couple mill theres good odds he would be broke much sooner than later. as you said, agents, taxes, hanger-ons, long lost family and friends.

you need a good 100 mill to stay in the black without an education nowadays then you're still 50/50.

8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Even had a shirt made...
    [​IMG]

9. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Of course, he had this one printed, too.
    [​IMG]

10. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

He has a short wingspan, pudgy body and can't defend. He has to improve his shot for a chance to make a roster.